• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

ICECRUSHER TD - Loooong Loadingtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,

my td map is almost finished now, but one big problem remains. you may select from 4 different races and since i added the last one the loading times were getting really annoying long! (and i have no idea why this is so)
The only reason for long loading times i know is Event - map initialization triggers, but there are nearly none of this kind. i do most of the initializing crap in the first few seconds of the map.
i added a lot of custom icons maybe this is a problem, but i have no experience or proof for this.
any help/link concerning this?
if it helps i ll upload the map here.

thanks in advance

BlacKcuD

Level 11
Other stuff causes long loading times, like custom object data, map script size (not just code that runs on init). If you want to decrease loading time, get wc3mapoptimizer here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=79326

And turn on the widgetizer option. It will decrease loading time at the expense of increasing map file size. If you use widgetizer with all the other options, you may even end up decreasing map file size as well as loading time.

Level 8
Well, try to make an loading time, when the game starts, do an wait setting, until everyone has no lag, then start the trigger, also, map optimizer is a good choice, but both are perfect =)
Ex:Just like in Uther Party, there is an loading timem to every trigger dont lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.