• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icecrown Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
A creepy, haunted forest, lives of many ended in this cursed forest, their destiny is to serve forever, to the scourge...

Just a little piece of the terrain of my upcoming rpg, this actually, is Haunted Woods, one of the first areas to hunting...

imgsn9.jpg

Hope you liked it, its my first post on terraining...please comment!

Level 12
Interesting.Not bad at all,but i really think you should use the UTM.It can make your terrains look 10 times better.

The units,well,i feel like theyre in the way.Remove them.If you put them there to fill a void in the terrain,add more doodads.

Level 4
A few points:
-go over your tiling and change the path tile, maybe add some variation.
-Remove the units (Leave them if you want, but they really have no purpose)
-Replace the columns with something more suitable, they don't look they match the tileset, they seem a little foresty.
-And finally smooth the ground around the stream, it looks a little pointy.

i really think you should use the UTM.It can make your terrains look 10 times better.

I wouldn't suggest using the UTM for playable maps seeing as it would increase the file size greatly.

Level 34
Looking pretty good. I would add more plant life though. Tinted river rushes are always nice. Scale them down a tad, and make the variation 3 instead of 4. Or use custom models from the UTM.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You made a pretty good job for a terrain that was not made from the UTM.
However, there are a few things to mention:
  • There are a few places that need tile variation;
  • The road needs to be bigger, the rough dirt of Icecrown makes it look like it's oil.

There is little else you can do if you're aiming for realism. I rate it 7/10.

Level 34
Although necroposting is not allowed, I'll let this slide, giving comments on peoples work is different than other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.