• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ice Spike & Stump

An icy spike and icy rock model that work well for ice caverns, matched to fit the northrend or underground tileset.

The spike model is black from below to allow using it turned upside-down.

- uses ingame textures only
- low filesize

Portrait file contains the icy rock.

Credits to:
XiaolianhuaStudio, LongbowMan

for the meshes I used as a base to work with.

Keywords:
ice, cave, spike, stalagmite, stalagtide, rock, snow, winter
Contents

Ice Spike & Stump (Model)

Ice Spike & Stump (Model)

Reviews
21:38, 5th Feb 2016 HappyCockroach: These icy doodads are rather nice. The transparent ice layer above the rocks makes it more interesting than just a piece of mesh with an ice texture, and helps doing great atmospheres in-game.

M

21:38, 5th Feb 2016
HappyCockroach:
These icy doodads are rather nice. The transparent ice layer above the rocks makes it more interesting than just a piece of mesh with an ice texture, and helps doing great atmospheres in-game.

The bottom of the spike IS wrapped. I intentionally selected a black part of the texture for artistic reasons. It's basicly like a cut-out for the camera.

I understand why you think that is better, but it looks ugly and detracts from the terrain. I think it would look better if it was just wrapped with ice like everything else; the user can clearly tell that it's not just an ice spike floating there, it's obvious that it would be attaching to a roof that the player simply can't see. But the empty blackness just looks ugly.

Obviously it's your model and it's your choice, this is just my opinion.