• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ice Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
If you ever played WoW, then you'll probably know what I mean.

The spell, when cast, is supposed to encase the caster in a block of ice (freezing breath effect) for 3/4/5/6 seconds, disabling all actions, but making him invulnerable. (To avoid losing buffs, it would be good if he just resisted all damage instead of making his armor invulnerable.)

The tricky part, which I have no idea how to pull off is, to make the caster able to deactivate the block at any time.

Any ideas?

Level 8
make it a channel with all other abilities disabled, give magic immunity and invulnerability as unit abilities when cast. check every 0.1 seconds if the current order is the channeled spell, if not then remove the effects.

Level 13
Thats a LOT easier and you don't even need a trigger, I've created it once:
Use metamorphose into a new unit:
New unit is invulnerable, has a positiv lifereg and an ice-block model.
In addition, metamorphose gives the possibility to disable all other abilitys and give the "block" an ability to morph back. If you realy want to keep the buffs, you'll need a damage detection system to provide it with immunity, search for it.

Level 3
hi justify sorry for brining this thread back but i tried your method and it didnt work for me, my unit didnt change into the freezing breath form, instead he just becomes a shadow and im not sure how to make the metamorphasis casting time and cooldown

Level 13
I don't know if you can use the freezing breath model, I use the "Cyrstal"-Doodads for this. If you want to make it even better, make the model of the morphed unit the same as the original, give it the "sphere" ability (from the bloodmage), make it have only 1 effect, and add the crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.