• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help fix Evade, Block, Parry Triggers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi everyone i was making Block triggering floating text. i use trigger from this thread

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/gui-triggerring-evade-block-and-parry.127603/

Events
Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00

Conditions
(Level of Block for GDD_DamagedUnit) Greater than 0
GDD_Damage Less than or equal to 0.08
GDD_Damage Greater than 0.00

Actions
Set TempPoint = (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit)
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Block at TempPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 90.00 degrees
Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

My problem is..when i test map the Block text wont appear even when i dont take any damage..also why all my conditions are marked with Question Mark? i follow all steps from that link but still my action were marked with Question Mark..was i enter wrong trigger code? please give me solution or help fix my map

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The trigger shown above is not in that map...

I think your error was you either forgot to make the text tag visible in the first place (show it) or you forgot to disable permanence. Also it is recommended to set fading age before lifespan since lifespan depends on fading mechanically (how will it know how to fade for the lifespan until you set it?).

Status
Not open for further replies.