• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I think I'm dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have some good Ideas for maps.But I can't even make melee maps.let alone the ones I've been thinking about(with custom skins,triggers.etc)

So am I just a son of a ****** or should I ask a mod to ban me???
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Level 11
Uh... I don't get it. You joined here only to complain? Dude, I'd give you a tip, start learning to terrain by practicing. This means making terrain yourself and getting to know it. :D Also start to work with triggers. You can learn how to work with trigger by checking already existant maps. Believe me, after working a little you will get the hang of it. That's how I started... Good luck!

Level 7
yeah, I think its a motivation issue - you get all the right ideas, but hates the time it takes to create - I was like that in the beginning. I have 100's of flawed and unfinished maps, its only my current projekt which I have been working on for 3 months now (kindda since I joined this community), that I am really into finishing, mainly because I know more of how to do stuff - read the torturials of this site, and never skip anything

Level 3
What was the main point of this thread? The fact that you feel inferior, or your difficulties with the design of Warcraft III Maps?

Level 12
Once you start to make maps (even if you don't finish them you start to get better and better

Then once you realize your full potential, make a map from start to finish

Don't cry about it

Level 9
Lol, superspider, dont worry your not the only one who cant make maps, it took me awhhile to get good to, though my wc3 is having some "critical errors" as of late (no Vengance of Maeus....)

Level 17
You're not dumb. You're on the internet and I can tell that your intelligence is above the average level around here because you DO manage to realize you suck.

Not everyone was born with creativity. If you wanna make maps you gotta do it the hard way. Sit down and practice!

Level 3
This is not relevant to most topics that are discussed on this forum, but it is not required to be; This is, after all, the "Off Topic" board.

What Rightfield said might sound somewhat petulant, but his intentions, I believe, are not. We all are flawed, even inferior beings.

Unfortunatly, our only options are to sink in depression or to accept our own flaws.

Level 4
I think I'm dumb
im with ya on that one...

Simplicity is the key.
Dont try and amke some grande fuckin amazing map, cuz its not gonna work, and your just gonna keep sucking ass.

Heres some stuff to remember that will make a great mapper out of anyone who can muster up a greater thought than "should I sit or stand when I shit?"

Melee maps:
FLOW!!!!
This goes for all maps, whether its strategy, first person shooter, or whatever else people map for. If your map doesnt have aspects to keep the gameplay constantly flowing, its gonna blows. Ive seen many maps for many different games that look good, but play like dogshit.
Take the Blizzard stock DM maps. They dont look like anything amazing. Sure the scene goes together well, but theres nothing visually worth shitting a brick over. However, how do they play? Quite fuckin well I say.
Draw out the basic layout on paper, the base locations, cliffs, escapes, vantage points, strategic shit you know? Then build it in the creator, and once your happy with the flow of the map, then worry about details.

Custom maps:
Take everything from above, cut it in half, and then apply it to this. Custom maps are usually RPG, or some sort of campaign (When it comes to any online play, follow guidelines for Melee maps). you want scenery, and that is a bitch.
You want a nice balance at all times of what would naturally occur. theres 2 things you can do to make this easy as shit. One is get up off your ass and go for a walk, becasue nature is what you wanna create, so go play in it. However, if your the lazy type, or dont happen to live near anything natural (NY for example) goto GOOGLE, and hunt for pictures of whatever you want.

Also, post your continuing project so people may help and ridicule you.

Wow, I typed alot more than I should have, im gonna go smash my face into a wall...:shock:

Level 23
No, nonono. :) You misunderstand.

People are not "angry" at you. You're just inexperienced. You make commonly made mistakes, you say commonly wrong things at wrong times.. you're simply a standard issue of an internet kid.

And then, you'll grow older, more experienced, get better with words and ways of expressing yourself, and eventually, you'll think in a similar manner as we do... and you'll laugh at what you used to be.

For instance, when you realize that the sentence "I'm a spider called spider" isn't really funny at all. :)

Belieeeeve in yourself. Belieeeve. And get Majora's Mask back! You only have 3 days!

Level 9
Follow the yellow ummm.... rock road (the setence before was edited in fear of army on gnomes attacking the author with yellow bricks(lol))

Status
Not open for further replies.