• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] My worldedit f!@#ing crashes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys, I am just an average noob here in the Hive, and I have a serious problem, my very first experimental, crappy, n00bish, stupid, imbalanced, WIP custom melee map keeps crashing everytime I open it!!! When I open it, it loads, and after 10 seconds, it says: "worldeditor has stopped working", and bam!, it doesn't respond.... :vw_wtf:

Please help me guys cuz this is my first (and not to mention, crappy) map, oh and also, Im turning 13 on May 20, so please tell me how to fix it!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry: Is it because I downloaded a simple mod that makes your models look like the ones in DotA 2 (which my cousin told me about), or is it because the map's size is 15 mb (which I saw while making a backup for it? If you know how to fix it, then please tell ME HAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! :goblin_cry::necry::cry:

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!1!!!9!!!!!9!!!!!!!!!9!!!!!M!!!!!O!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!E!!!!!!!!!!!!:ogre_rage:

Level 2
um.... yea
and you can choose to disable it.
If this is the case of the problem, then how can I remove those files???

First, lemme ask, is this problem only occurred to your map? (Try open another map)
Next, is this MPQ is a Warcraft 3 MPQ file or an exe program (sorry, many people don't play DotA or their mods here, I have to ask this to answer the problem)
If the MPQ file is override by the mod, try to remove the mod and return back your real MPQ, but if it's an exe program, then I'll have to think for another solution.

EDIT :

Seems this is an exe program, I don't use this program, but can you try remove the program and restore your original MPQ? I don't use this kind of mod.

Also, is the problem occurred to every map?

EDIT :
And don't double post

Last edited:
Level 2
IT HAPPENS TO ALL OF THE MAPS THAT ARE PLACED IN THE "MAPS" FOLDER WTF?!?!!?!?!
What if I copy the Warcraft 3 of my (different) cousin and try to place my map on the copied WC3?

EDIT: I could also try removing it....

Level 2
Hmm, seems the exe file is really overrides Warcraft 3.
Seems you have to uninstall the exe program first.
Tell me if the problem remains even if you have uninstall it.

I have tried uninstalling it, hope it works, but I have to take a bath first.......
If it doesn't, then ------> :vw_death:

Level 2
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.................
IT DIDN'T F@!#ING WORK!!!!!!!!!! *shoots self in the head*

I'm afraid you only have 2 choice : uninstall then re-install Warcraft 3 itself or find the original MPQ of Warcraft 3 (the warcraft3.mpq and warcraft3x.mpq, but I think the warcraft3x.mpq is the only one that's override by the exe)

As I stated on my last post, remember to keep the original Warcraft 3 MPQ and the Warcraft 3X MPQ as well whenever you try mods of Warcraft 3.

Level 2
I'm afraid you only have 2 choice : uninstall then re-install Warcraft 3 itself or find the original MPQ of Warcraft 3 (the warcraft3.mpq and warcraft3x.mpq, but I think the warcraft3x.mpq is the only one that's override by the exe)

As I stated on my last post, remember to keep the original Warcraft 3 MPQ and the Warcraft 3X MPQ as well whenever you try mods of Warcraft 3.

First, where can I find the file where I can reinstall WC3, since I didnt buy this, then second, what should I do with the MPQ files after I find them?

And can I still get to use my map by putting it in a safe place before the reinstalling process?

---------------------
EDIT: FIXED THE PROBLEM FINALLY!!!

Last edited:
Level 2
Update: When I make a new map w/ no units, i can still open the map, but when I open a different map w units, it will crash.

Level 30
Ok, still you are bumping but that solves the problem.... ok, just some tips: when downloading mods for wc3 such as those that alters the Warcraft's appearance, of course, it will also alter the units, doodads, destructibles and such... and if YOU install the MOD incorrectly, it will really destroy your MPQ and the main warcraft's memory are the MPQs because they contain the items for the Warcraft.

So just please, stop bumping the thread and reinstall Warcraft. The only option you can do!

Level 19
Hello guys, I am just an average noob here in the Hive, and I have a serious problem, my very first experimental, crappy, n00bish, stupid, imbalanced, WIP custom melee map keeps crashing everytime I open it!!! When I open it, it loads, and after 10 seconds, it says: "worldeditor has stopped working", and bam!, it doesn't respond.... :vw_wtf:

Please help me guys cuz this is my first (and not to mention, crappy) map, oh and also, Im turning 13 on May 20, so please tell me how to fix it!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry: Is it because I downloaded a simple mod that makes your models look like the ones in DotA 2 (which my cousin told me about), or is it because the map's size is 15 mb (which I saw while making a backup for it? If you know how to fix it, then please tell ME HAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! :goblin_cry::necry::cry:

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!1!!!9!!!!!9!!!!!!!!!9!!!!!M!!!!!O!!!!!!D!!!!!!!!!!E!!!!!!!!!!!!:ogre_rage:

that mod is obviously a virus, that mod would be atleast 100-150mb

also, dont slam your keyboard thats not solving anything, your not texting your trying to gather information.

and never put any of your information in anon-public.

Obviously you have to reinstall without the mod, not that hard. Your computer might not be good enough to handle it, but unless your computer doesnt even support xp i doubt it.

If you didn't buy it than its obviously pirated and this forum does not support piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.