• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Require Inspiration! Space Elves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
elite high guards should have high helmets. The grunts should have veils/light sort of helmets, the tactical infantry shouldnt wear helmets, but if you decide to have them wearing them, make sure to use swordsmen helmets.

Rangers should keep the cloak/mouthguard thing going.

Just my 2 cents as your concept guy

Level 35
Ok...I had a thought.

1st Light Infantry:basic: A regular rifleman. Like the Guardians. With helmets.

2nd Advanced Infantry:Range elite: Ranger with the hoods and ect. With hoods, and possibly helmets in a #2 version.

3rd:Advanced Infantry:Ranged Heavyweapon: Power armour....but this is all speculation....Mabye I should do as General Frank does and just make all kinds.

Also. I have created phase one of the Light Infantry model....This means its still not futuristic.

Oh, and my other Elven models are up....except the Knight.

Level 13
Oddly enough ive already made concepts for all of those:

*Note: The tacticals are probably more of a T1.5 unit, maybe you should make some sort of conscript type crap unit that will serve as cannon fodder instead, just an idea.
T1 ranged: Tacticals, about a page or two back
T2 ranged: Rangers (duh)
T3 ranged: shock troopers, posted a concept WAAY back, may need to dig to find it.

Good work releasing the other elves btw

Level 13
Hmm, for a light infantry unit i think they should have something like a Sub Machine-gun. Probably light vests too, with little or no facial protection.

Honestly, i dont feel like concepting a light infantryman right now, i shall leave it in your most capable hands Elenai, good luck to you !

Level 35
Here is a WIP of the Light Infantry...I am planning on redoing it. But it shows a basic layout.

Cape, helmet, armour, possible hood, gun.....

And this is like an idea dump...so any ideas you have just keep pileing them here.

Last edited:
Level 13
Good things about the model:
+ Has a scout feeling, which helps get that T1 look youve been looking for
+ Good animation choice, the rifleman always looked rather inexperienced with his weapon, helps with that T1 feeling

Things that should be looked over:
- His helmet, i suggest using the swordsman one instead. (Or, use a ranger's hood with some kind of edited swordsman's helmet or facepeice instead)
- That armor could be a bit different, seems just a tad bit heavy for my tastes, but this is a minor feature.
- I absolutely hate the gun, im sorry but PLEASE just re-do that part, it really ruined it for me.

Ideas for the gun:
The only part i really hate about it is the brown stuff on it. looks far too much like wood. If you could replace that with some kind or marble or gold plating it would look alot better i think. another idea is to make parts of that glow blue with energy.

Note: dont take that too harshly, its just that those parts of the model seemed to really seem out of place for me, i felt a STRONG need to point that out. I really do like this model. the cape is excelent but those areas i highlighted just now could be looked over, im willing to forget the helmet but the weapon simply must be revisited.

Level 26
To be quite honest, Elenai, those tall helms really disturb me, even moreso because they are a recurring theme in your armored elf models :p. I know they're based off the warhammer high elves, but it nonetheless makes the model rather hard to look at as a whole.

Level 18
Lol, this sharpened tall helmet would suit better to a space undead suicidal warrior that launches himself as a rocket... :grin:

Seriously, how do you imagine an elf with helmet like this in a small cockpit? It should be good if there were small lasers on the sides (the cheeks), serving as basic weapons. Or, for scanning devices.

"Cadett Lytarion tried to kiss his girlfriend Lyssala on the cheek, but was burned by her cheek-helmet-laser..." lol

Level 13
we havent said you NEED to use the captains helmet, but really i do NOT like those tall helmets.

This is not warhammer in space ! its much more...sophisticated !

Level 35
That reply was not directed at you M-A...

Basically what I am wanting to do, is make an original looking, elven looking, creation that is not essentially a marine with a priest head.

So I will probably make the tall helms...shorter. But I will still keep the basic idea of them. Because I do like them.

Now then....ideas for heroes. Everyone should have fun ideas for this.

And remember...think Quel'Dorei (not Sin'dorei) and think elven....and think about my style as well.

Personally, if you are going to do tall helms, don't add two little wings. Just stretch it out in one long wing going from top to bottom.

Second off: Go away from the High Elves in Warhammer! Use the waywatchers! The Wardancers! If you are going to use that as an inspirtation, the Dragon Princes of Caledor is probably the coolest you can get. (Besides Tyrion)

Level 13
Personaly if the light infantry are supposed to be of a lower rank than all other elven soldiers, why not make them have a swordsman's helmet ? its shortness shows the soldiers low rank, at least thats reasoning.

Still, this is your concept i guess, i may have fleshed out your story and added plenty of fanfiction, but yeah its yours and i do NOT have the final say.

Level 35
Why make them skinny?...these are afterall Quel'Dorei...and they are not anorexic like other fantasy Elves.

For example...the Blood Mage...he does'nt look skinny.

And CoffinPuppet....Those elves are templated versions for uniformity (and because I like the priest head alot. I have made other elves before, but I shall not show them.

Level 5
Why make them skinny?...these are afterall Quel'Dorei...and they are not anorexic like other fantasy Elves.

For example...the Blood Mage...he does'nt look skinny.

And CoffinPuppet....Those elves are templated versions for uniformity (and because I like the priest head alot. I have made other elves before, but I shall not show them.

I never said that it looks bad. IMO it's lame to always use parts of Models over and over again... Its like vomiting a Cake, just to eat it again...

Level 1
...How about an "Elven Construction Personell" or "ECP"
It would be an advanced(or basic) worker. They wear heavy, full body armor; thus are slow. They are equipt with a "back pack" with mecha-arms. One is a laser tool for building and fighting, and the other is a claw, for holding resources. You would be able to upgrade them to have a jetpack attachment but it would only make them kinda jump, for escaping or "taking the high point." Another upgrade would be propellers(or something like that) for movement in water. Or you could combine them "Grav-Flux propultion." They would have oxygen tubes coming from their "backpack" and a suit, and a helm with a visor(Or a gasmask).
P.S. You could probably use tinker's backpack to start this unit's backpack off. They should also be able to attack while carrying resources.

Hydro-Electric Generator(Building) This building is like a farm that provides more food than the basic one. Only problem is: It must be built in the water. It would have an ability called "Overcharge" or "Surge" that would take a couple seconds; then the HEG would explode, thus dealing great damage to all nearby allies/enemies.

Defensive Scanner/Scanning System. This is a small, one person land craft. It can transform into a very small non-moving defensive structure. It has a large scan radius and warns you of approaching enemies. It uses an aura to make the enemy units glow; and if they were invisable, they're visable now. It would use one small gun weapon. It would use four metal legs to move around, and while mobile is a pretty weak unit; with only the ability to fight or run. When becoming immobile it's legs are thrusted into the ground, and a small scanner object comes out of the top of it. This unit would be built from one of two places: Townhall-type building, or a tank-constructor building. This unit can not survive on it's own, the most it can repel is 3 basic melee units(at most).

Tall me what you think! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.