• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Require Inspiration! Space Elves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
As said in the title I require inspiration and some ideas for the Space Quel'Dorei Models that I have been wanting to do for a while now.

Any well thought out idea is welcome. Please keep these ideas about futuristic High Elves.

Please also note that these are the same High Elves from Azeroth....only futuristic.

And if you can show some pics or links to ideas or inspiration. And dont limit yourselves to the Eldar of Warhammer 40K. I have pretty much gleaned all the inspiration I can get from them.

Thankyou for your time and patience and epic ideas.

-Elenai the EPIC-

Ideas needed: Units, Heroes, Vehicles, Possible Buildings....and some ect ideas.

Level 35
I actually planned on making custom textures....and I dont really like the warden model. I could rip stuff from her though.

Oh and most of these models are male....a few will be girls however.

Nice ideas though. Anymore.

Perhaps some weapons ideas? Armour? Looks?

Level 15
mabey somting like this
ironman_l.jpg

for male

and this
femaleultron.png

for girls

also what would be a good weapon is a sword made out of paritcals and when they attact it charges up then the paritcals harden for the strike then shatter afterwards

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
A Quel'Archon? Too awesome!

Anyway, since I really like your idea, Elenai...

Units:

Basic melle: Similar to the swordsman, but with a lightsaber, plasma shield and futuristic armor. One arm could be robotic with golden sparkly thingies on it.

Basic range: A robed elven woman, accompanied by two small spheres. When she attacks, she makes a gesture towards one of the spheres and the sphere opens, sending a beam of light at the enemy.

Cavalry (Advanced melle): A slow levitating tank equipped with cannons blasting enemies close by with damaging force fields.

Advanced range: A hooded elf carrying two plasma pistols. On his back there are three expanding mechanized arms, each of which is equipped with a laser-shooting crossbow.

Supporting Caster: An elven priest, sitting on a levitating half-dome (similar to Yoda's small flying chair, if you've watched Star Wars). When he attacks, a bright sun appears above the priest, stays there for a second, then launches itself against enemies.

Offensive Caster: Hereto's idea works fine for this.

Light air: An elven warrior carrying a long plasma rifle and equipped with hawk-like slivery flapping wings. He looks as if he's actually flying (non-moving wings would not suit the brilliant and graceful engineers that are the space elves).

Heavy air: Something similar to the Prottoss mothership but in elvish style.

I will make up more stuff, but right now I have no time... Cheers and good luck for now.

Level 18
Hmm, and something for siege machine... some contraption that launches rays of high-speed anti-particles (darkness) to annihilate everything in a line. Some vehicle with cybernetical artificial intelligence, designed with grace and refinement, like a futuristic night elf ballista. When it attacks, a massive dark ray is being emitted from a large cannon on it. You can put 2 cannons for greater efficiency.

I'll think about abilities and spells.

Level 5
Well, i have thought of some things... Since Elves are not into Technology, i suggest not to make any Guns, more like primitive acient Magi (plasma Type) wepons. The armor shouldnt be so heavy, cuz they're not into mechanical things.. Maybe scrap Metal?
My imangination of a space elf would be somewhat of an amazonas tribe thing. like a type of lower caskade.

Level 35
Coffinpuppet...these elves are definately into technology. They are HighElves...not NightElves.

And all of my space elf ideas are technological and magic based.

Primitive and woody non-tech elves are cliche in my opinion.

But anyone else have any ideas for siege weapons?

Level 5
Coffinpuppet...these elves are definately into technology. They are HighElves...not NightElves.

And all of my space elf ideas are technological and magic based.

Primitive and woody non-tech elves are cliche in my opinion.

But anyone else have any ideas for siege weapons?

High Elves are also Elves :p Well, if so, how about a some kind of -machanical animal, such like a warthog or so. When it moves, steam drenches out, and when it attacks, a cannon stretches out of its mouth. maybe make an alternate animation, to switch to a siege type thingy ^^

Level 18
Hmm, and something for siege machine... some contraption that launches rays of high-speed anti-particles (darkness) to annihilate everything in a line. Some vehicle with cybernetical artificial intelligence, designed with grace and refinement, like a futuristic night elf ballista. When it attacks, a massive dark ray is being emitted from a large cannon on it. You can put 2 cannons for greater efficiency.
Didn't like it?

Level 35
I have made decisions about the projectile stuff.

1: Energy projectiles. (basically magic missile)
2: Explosive glaives for grenades. (different kinds will be considered)
3: Explosive arrows. (missles/rockets)
4: I have no decided.

Any ideas for 4: will be nice.

Now then...for the "guns". I am looking for something original, and yet not stupid, neither am I looking for an alien weapon...or an advanced bow.

Something that has elven grace, futuristic sleekness and narrow. But gun like.

Level 35
Hmmmz....an interesting idea.

Although for now I would like to mostly focus on Model ideas and not abilities.

So anymore ideas for the weapon models themselves?

I am considering using a two pronged modeling plan.

First: make the unit models.

Second: Make the weapons as attachments.

Third: Make the vehicles and mabye buildings, possible weapon attachments for vehicles.

Level 13
Elven Shock-Troopers
Equipment: Phazon body forcefields, Cyranite armour, Laser targeting, A T22 heavy laser machine gun.
Purpose: To perform aerial insertions into enemy territory or planets from orbit or from the ground using jet packs.
Visualy: they would be soldiers wrapped in glowing blue armour with only theyre head exposed, wearing nightvision eyepeices that glow blue and MAY have laser sighting. Theyre weapon would be similar to a warhammer 40k heavy bolter, but would have alot of lights and be magazine fed (meaning no huge backpack). These soldiers would be the elves elite, when they need heavy hitting troops, they are slow but have the most hitpoints of all the elf forces and theyre weapons would be effective in mid-close range combat.

What do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.