• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I Require Inspiration! Space Elves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I got an idea.

Lancer: Space interceptor:
Armament: quad light cannons powered by a small fusion reactor, the combined fire from this will often penetrate the ships interior and disables key systems.

Defence: The lancer has little defencive armaments, using its speed and maneuverability to escape enemy forces, however it does poses special Xi-phion countermeasure armour that allows it to survive a direct hit by a rocket and keep key systems running, not to mention block out radiation poison and heat from the pilot and systems.

Flight specs: the key strategy for lancers is to quickly move in take out an enemy then break contact, and choose a new enemy, this requires amazing speed and maneuverability, two things the lancer has plenty of. Its sleek armour with its 3 Photon engines allow for it to outrun and follow any other ship, plus its speed allows it to perform percise dogfighting menuvers in order to escape damage, a strong-pont of the fighter design.

Design: Lancers are sleek, they are a golden metal pod, containing the pilot engine and power/life support systems. Around this pod it has 2 wings spread out to look like those of an angel curved toward the front of the ship. under these gold and silver wings are 4 guns, 2 on each side, that rapidly fire and discharge weapons. on the backside of each wing is a small engine, with a big one on the main pod. the front veiw-port is rectangular and sprouting out, resembling some great bird of prey. on this viewport there is the communication and a underslung laser cannon, in place of conventional bombs used by other more crude races.

At a glance lancers look beautiful and shining, but are also fierce and deadly quick, alot like theyre elf pilots.

What do you think ?

I can think up some more space forces too if you wish.

Level 13
Okay:

Arrow Class Swarm fighter
Use:
The arrow is a small zippy little fighter, it has no armour and very weak sheilds, its engines are of poor quality and its weapon systems are weak crystaline lightbeams.

A long time ago Arrows were piloted by elves, but recently elven politicians and generals began computerizing them, making the fighters drones. Because of this they do not have any of the specialites of the lancer or other space forces.

Size/proportions:
The arrow is about 2.5 meters long and 1.5 meters across, making it a small cramped ship. They are created in huge numbers, one could truely say that the elves arrows will blot out the sun. Most ships that are larger than frigate class vessels can produce a small compliment of Arrows in the engineering bay, the entire arrow "factory" is only 3 rooms and is often put next to the engine room. Arrows have been known to suffer considerable losses, and as such little value is placed on them. The quality of metal used on them is horrible, often using cheap artificial suplements and alloys created from trash and junk from elf ships and planets.

Arrows are commanded by theyre mother-ships, if a mothership goes down arrows automaticaly are either rerouted to other ships or are outright destroyed.

Elven pilots often find them as the source of hilarity umong theyre units, often commenting : Gee, these buggers shoot worse than the Arrows ! or, I wonder who programmed these useless tin-cans ?

After the battle of Ceprus delta aproximately 237 destroyed or disabled arrows were found, giving an example of the pointlessness of these units.

Arrows find theyre strength in numbers, the often fill the sky with beams and can often swarm unguarded vessels. Any fleet commander would happily trade 2 squads of Arrows for half a squad of lancers.

Visuals:
Arrows look like, well, an arrow. Theyre hull is composed of weak silver metal outlined with simple gold strands. the front is an energy spike that looks much like the arrowheads of old, used for suicidal kamikaze rammings of larger ships.
the back of the arrow contains one simple Z22 ion drive, making them move only a quarter as fast as a lancer. along the sides are large wings, pilots often say that the entire mass of a arrow is in the wings. The wings contain simple pulse light cannons that fire rather slowly but when combined can be devastatingly powerful.

Had to rush this one, didnt much like how the visual presentation of it turned out, but it works. Hope you enjoyed my fan fic.

Edit: need any more ? i can pump these out in minuites.

Edit 2: I needed something to do

Drone-ships:
Use: ship dedicated to servicing and creating other arrows, about the size of a frigate.

Drone ships are a recent addition to fleets heavily dependant on arrows, they are large disk like ships with large arms to collect debris for archer creation, The entire ship inside is made up of archer factories and repair bays with a small mainframe computer at the helm to allow newly made drones to make it back to fleet. Drone ships are operated with skeleton-crews, and are a regular site umong asteroids and after battles. They have often been a requirement for archers to be used excessively and in battles far away from mother ships, due to theyre mainframes. Elves hate getting jobs on drone-ships, often complaining that they are loud clunky useless ships that are a deathtrap. You can find the scum of the elven race operating here. Theyre captains are often prone to anger and rash decisions, thus being demoted to this duty. Some drone ships are automated, but this is rarely done due to the cost of it.

A single drone ship can service and look after 100 arrows, provided they were not in a combat role, and that the drones were not doing something complicated.

In addition, a total of 80 archers can be constructed without some repair and new reasources to the factories. Some times elf admirals have ended up fighting theyre own archers if a drone ship goes rouge.

A drone ship is large, around 30-40 meters squared, due to the neccesity of containing spare parts for archer assembly, and the processing areas needed to change raw materials.

The life of a elf on a drone-ship could roughly be described as: "a metal hell" and is by far the worst side of the elven navy.

I like how this turned out, gives the arrows a personality behind them, and we see that the space elves arent always perfect, and that these arrows come at the sacrifice of many elves.

Last edited:
Level 35
I like the drone idea.

I think that I wont use it for the Arrow Class fighters, as I wanted the Arrow class to be a quick strike fighter and not a drone.

So if you could make a lore'lette for the Arrow class fighter then I would be glad.

But I will probably use the drone idea because I especially like the idea of giving the Elves a bit of a flaw in their tech. So if you could find a name for the drone that fits them I will most definately consider using it. (It depends on the final tech tree choices)

Level 13
Drone names:
Talon
Quick-silver
Fury

Thats all i can think of, if you need more concepts im happy to type them up, this is the most fun ive had writing all year.

Edit: new Arrow concept:
Use: Arrows are medium strike vessels, while not having the maneuverability of the Lancer, Arrows are much more structuraly stable and have larger energy sheilds.

Armament: Quad pulse cannon turret with micro fusion reactor and cooling systems. 2 Point defence lasers

Info:
The arrow is a larger fighter in the elven navy, replacing some of the older elven light fighters, these ships are now largely deployed from carriers, and are piloted by 2 elven crewmen.

The arrow has been aplauded for its abilities in close fire support roles for lancers and other space forces. Essentialy, they are the elven "armoured fist" whereas the lancers would be the arm. These fighters do remarkably well against larger bodies of weaker space forces, due to its heavy quad cannon and advanced targetting it can rip down key enemy targets before they get in range. Famous pilots in these have been able to take out entire squadrons at once with all theyre combined weapons. At the battle of Quel-Doraj they covered drone ships harvesting the carcases of broken ships and were able to hold of 6 waves of fighters. This kind of defencive action is what the Arrow specializes in, allowing for it to require the attention of larger enemy ships, which often allows for ambushes.

The main disadvantage is theyre speed, making the arrow/lancer combo supremely effective against swarms.

Design: the arrow is shaped like a great V with the quad cannon resting squarely at the middle of the top. This cannon is supported by a fully 360 degree turret with the ability to quickly change to new targets. Each gun on this turret can fire at extremely fast rates and cross long distances, but sacrifices some damage.

On the sides of the arrow are the 2 Point defence lasers.
Each laser is powered by a mini power core, the lasers target close range ships and target incomming projectiles.

The hull is made up of silver, with golden hull plates around the frame. On either side of the triangle-like hull are great symbols of the elven people, shining in great bright blue. The cockpit is near the front of the ship (the gunner is in the back on the turret)

The cockpit is completely reinforced with golden beams and has bright blue tinted windows.

Under the ship are 2 large ammo canisters and energy cells, showing the only weakpoint of the ship. These ammo canisters allow the guns to fire continuously for two days.

The ship has seen alot of combat, its been around since the golden age of elven technology and has been slowly upgraded for more and more service. Now it is a staple in the elven navy and has become one of the main space forces used.

Last edited:
Level 35
....wow....I love it.

Amongst the users upon this site. I have not seen anyone else who can make effective unit lore as well as I and a few others (mostly hosted project lore-masters) can.

And although I will most likley take some liberty and tweaking privelages....I +rep you for this.

BE BLESSED!!! In the name of the Epic'ian Empire.

Level 13
Okay the arrow is finished.

Now for the Frigate:
Archer frigate-classed ship
The archer (not to be confused with arrow) is a lightning strike cruiser used to crush space forces due to theyre numbers and maneuverability.

armament:
The archer has a number of weapon systems. First they have the Photon missiles, small rockets used in hundreds of swarms to pummel other frigates. Due to the impossible-nes of tracking all those rockets the frigate often fires blind. Also it takes around 3 minuites to fully reload.

The frigate also has 2 heavy turrets, 6 canister guns, and a total of 8 point defence networks.

The frigate is a sleek vessel, and its huge engines hurtle it through space faster than most other races frigates. Unfortunately, It suffers from the lack of armour and its large price tag.

The Crew of these ships are a lively bunch, often living in zero-gee with good commanding officers and dutiful lives, the crew of each frigate is willing to keep theyre ship, theyre home, in working order. Heroic actions of the Crews of elven frigates far outnumber those of other races.

The engine's are huge, taking up the entire backside of the ship, with support engines around the main one.

Visuals:
The frigate looks like a great gracefull shark plumeting through space. It is majestic in anything it does, and the entire hull shines in any suns light.
It has great silver hulls with gold inlaying, with many windows and gleaming armaments, Like all Elven ships it is almost like a form of art.

Note: Try making it look a little covenant-ish.

ugh... that didnt come out right... i think thats all from me today.

Level 13
I still hate how the frigate turned out, see what you can do with it elenai, the weapons half was good, so was most of the info, but i couldnt think of any ideas for the design.

Edit: is it just me, or am i liking how the space elfs sound more than i like how the SC2 protoss is looking, which is where alot of my ideas come from ?

Level 35
Its all about the ideas.

You are the one that is making ideas.

You are creating. Thus you like it more than simply watching.

"You are not simply watching history unfold before thee....You are bending it to your will, and subdueing it to your mastery."
-Illunfar the Saint-

Level 13
No new concepts today, instead how about you tell me what you'd like me to think up next ? Im good for ground forces too, so if you need any inspiration ask and i'll see what i can do later.

Level 22
Sorry but elves in space is as 'good' as orcs in space. Especially when the elves have the moon power, which moon, the one that is in another galaxy? :D

Well that's my opinion and I believe many will think of it as inappropriate. But, since there are some that will want to see what it is about (haven't seen the others' ideas):

Archers to have laser guns or if you want: hi-Tech Bows with laser arrows.
Hunts: guided electronic boomerangs that seek enemies and hit 'em.
Dryads with ... special spears, bears prolly just metal claws. Again, I can't mix magic/fantasy and future/space. I can say everything to be made of metal to have lasers. There are some skins of robot units.

Level 27
Sorry but elves in space is as 'good' as orcs in space. Especially when the elves have the moon power, which moon, the one that is in another galaxy? :D

Well that's my opinion and I believe many will think of it as inappropriate. But, since there are some that will want to see what it is about (haven't seen the others' ideas):

Archers to have laser guns or if you want: hi-Tech Bows with laser arrows.
Hunts: guided electronic boomerangs that seek enemies and hit 'em.
Dryads with ... special spears, bears prolly just metal claws. Again, I can't mix magic/fantasy and future/space. I can say everything to be made of metal to have lasers. There are some skins of robot units.
Wrong elves. Space elves = Hig/Blood elves in space, not NE.
--donut3.5--

Level 8
Ooooh! I have an Idea! Like a blood mage, in a machine, and on the sides of the machine, it has Huge EPIC guns, and to protect him there is a green barrier, and the three orbs over his head is on the sides of the machine making the barrier, and the machine has 4 legs, like the tree of life, unrooted. :p Just a thought, THE ELVEN "EPIC" JUGGERNAUT!!!

Level 13
Its the future, anything can happen.

Edit: besides these aint night elves, these are high elves, the main thing with them is magic, i suppose elenai can work that into my concepts easily enough.

Level 8
I know, I meant blood elves, I just thought that the feet should have the tree of life type of feet, and then the design of the machine is orange, and red, and with green crystals and green energy flowing through it, makes me think of Samus from Metroid Prime :p

Level 35
General Frank is the one that is given full authority over Space Blood Elves, Space Orcs, and ect.

I was given full authority over Space Quel'Dorei.

And yes...The High Elves are quite modern. But their moderness follows a different tech line, than that of humans. Humans progress steampower based (then it continues to become combustion based, and probably energy battery based)

Elves work magic based. Using different magical technologies to make their place in the scheme of the universe.

High Engineer M_A!!! Design for me a basic ground unit.

Melee style...oh yeah.

And I thought of a brilliant idea today. But I will not unveil it as of yet. Because I am not quite sure if it is possible for me to do....one hint...it involves the buildings.

Level 35
OK here is the tech tree list....this might help give you an idea of what I am trying to do unit wise.

Melee)
Basic, Advanced.

Ranged)
Basic, Advanced.

Spellcaster)
Support, Offence, Special.

Air, Vehicles)
Any possible combination of: (3 air, and 3 vehicles) (X air, and Y vehicles)

Worker)
A worker.

Heroes)
4 heroes.

This will make the tech tree at a nice 14 units, and 4 heroes.

I am considering however adding

Specials)
Elite titan, Special/elite melee, ranged units, Elites and other special units.

But this might mess with the tech tree balance.

Level 35
I was considering forcefield upgrades...

But I shalt reveal the secret.

I am planning on making it so that the buildings are the ships.

Like the barracks morphs into a battleship, or something like that.

And the ships are the buildings.

Kind of like a really futuristic ship/building form of the ancients building/unit morph.

Inspiration...My own mind, and the fact that the Draenei capital is a ship that is a building.

And the fact that this will allow me to make large ships, without screwing up the tech tree numbers. So instead of 30 units I can have the regular 14 or so, and make the ships into buildings.

The problem is, that I dont know how to make such an idea work. Perhaps making two units, the building and the ship and jush having a cheap morph spell....fore I cannot animate such a complex thing from scratch....or at all really.

Level 13
Ok, here goes:

Elven Berserker:

Info:
Elven Berserkers used to be warrior of honour and code, shining knights who do good and uphold elven peace. Now, in these dark times of war those warriors of old are long gone, and we are left with the spirit of elven anger, the antihero who dies on the frontlines and shall never return to normal life, a elf who has walked up to death, slapped its face and spat on it.

Armament: Dual magic-powered Arcane blades, used as shortswords.

Equipment: The Berserker is armed with light body armour, allowing it to keep the versatility the berserkers enjoy so much. They have little or no body sheilds.

Recruitment: The elven Berserker corps is deeply respected umong the elves, for many a hero have been taught there, in its total history only 72 of its members have been relieved of service due to retirement laws, and even then, only a handfull are still alive today.

The process of recruitment involves the unleashing of the elves magic inside theyre bloodstream, making them something else, something...deadlier.
Promising students can materialize theyre blades in theyre second year of training, and when the wrist amplifiers are applied theyre blades become huge scimitars that can cut through even hull plating. Most however stick with shortswords.

Upon entering the corps the elves magical abilities are dulled, so they can cast no spells (as a precaution in case of traitors). During this process theyre hair is bleached to a gray-white state.

The Berserkers have served in 342 military campaings, often times suffering the most losses. These losses have been accepted with open hands, for when a member of a family joins the Berserker corps, the family considers him "unofficialy dead" since after magic augmentation he can never return to his loved ones again.

I loved this. i hope you will too. Ill type up a basic ranged soon, promise !

On the ship-building thing: Cool, but 2 things:
#1: make it so the ships warp in warriors (otherwise it wouldnt make any sense that the elves have so many troops on that one ship) But also be sure to mention they cannot do it in space due to the power requirements (to explain why you must land to do it).

#2: Make the ships pop out legs and land that way, its nice an easy, it makes sense, and it looks nice. The legs should be sort of like the kind you see in starcraft.

I think that would make your idea awesome.

Level 35
I like the berserker idea. Though if I may make a little change to it.

I like the magical blood stream idea. But I dont think that they will materialize their blades....I'm still weighing the lore on that one.

Lets see......Could you make them more cleric like? I like the idea of deadly precision warriors, but I dont like the idea of them being a dying breed of warrior, (because in this age melee warfare is quite effective with the use of body shields now).

Perhaps instead of a blood thirst...that seems blood elvish. A zealous conviction sort of thing.

And for the ships...I dont like the legs idea. But I do like the warp in units idea...its very protoss. And I like protoss.

I was thinking that they stick into the ground, and then come out of the ground when they morph.

Level 8
Unit: Eye of the Quel'Dorei
Appearance: A floating Green eye (with 3 blood mage orbs orbiting around it and chains that on the other side, have giant green crystals (mana crystals)
Spells: Quel'Dorei Vengeance: The Eye produces small electricity waves, that hurt near by enemies, and slowly heal nearby blood elf machines.
Omni Ward: Transforms the Eye into an Omni Ward ( A ward with an eye on top with the orbs still orbiting and the crystals are orbiting as well, but with no chains) destroying the Eye but making an invulnerable ward that lasts for 30 seconds that sends out large shockwaves that hurt both allies, and enemies.
Last Wish: If the eye dies, it sends out a shockwave that kills all enemies in the range of 1000.

History: When the strongest blood mages summoned these powerful creatures, they gave up all their mana, which made them insane. When the blood elves (of space) were in trouble, these eyes came to battle. However, the Space Scourge hunted them down, and only one remains, concealed in a special containment chamber, never to be seen until the blood elves need them.

Unit Type: Legendary, only can summon 1 until it dies.
Building that creates it: Altar of the Eye

Level 35
....Thats the Space Sin'Dorei...not the Space Quel'Dorei.....The Sin'dorei are not my in my jurisdiction. And besides....it seems a little too demonic for High Elf use.

Good idea for Blood Elves...but not what I am looking for in a High Elven army

Level 27
Orb Shield
Creates a spherical shield, protecting all units inside besides 3 orbs which rotate around the center. With the death of each orb, the shield becomes a little weaker.
I suppose this is more of an ability, but for ideas for the way the shield looks, you could overlay a blue and purple moving water texture to create a plasma-ish feel.
--donut3.5--

Level 13
No no no !

They arent really a dying breed, they are the evoloution of the old elf "knights" and swordsmen. Here, ill elaborate:

Recruitment cont'd:
Berserkers are chosen from umong the populace whenever they must heed the call for war, about one in every 6 males goes into recruitment, thus is how the elf border colonies manage to keep the population to a manageable level. Its important to note also, that these elves take 3 years to become fully trained as they must undergo alot of physical and mental challenges to be prepared to engage in hand to hand, something that was made rather rare by effective beam weapons.

Berserker academies keep records of all lost warriors so the new ones can remember theyre names and deeds and aspire to even greater feats. When a male is chosen to go to war in the corps, they are given the highest honour in Elven society, the medal of bravery or, Quel-Naetherhiim, something navy forces must work years to acheive. In addition to mandatory recruitment, volounteers are also allowed, but generaly it is encouraged to join a less dangerous line of work.

They dont thirst for blood, they thirst for battle. They are elven hate made manifest and they will happily kill and slice all enemies of theyre race. (so, basicly you have the "thirst for blood" thing but without the vampirisim or the blood-elfishness).

As far as zealous goes, i kind of saw them more as magic-weilding badasses who like to kill sh*t, i dunno how im gona work religion into there.

I hope that cleared some of it up...

Also...
Im not sure where your going with the buildings ... burrowing underground ? huh ?

Level 8
Name: Mecha Space Phoenix
Appearance: The Upper head is machine, with team colored eyes, and the chest is machine with a team colored spot in the middle of chest armor, and tail is machine, with a spot thats team colored, and the wings are machine, but no team color, that are yellow mixed with red, and throughout the body there are lines with fire. On the back, There is a huge cannon. with wires connected to it that are team colored.
Spells:phoenix Cannon: Charges up a large ammount of fire and fires a huge laser (Kinda like Yamado Cannon from Starcraft)
Machine Wiring: Health regenerates slowly (Most machines cant regen)

History: After taking the ashes of the rest of the phoenixes and locking them away, the blood elves moved on through the years. However, once reaching the age of technology and space, they took the ashes, and put them into a large birdlike machine, known as the Mecha Phoenix, and from the ashes, the phoenix was reborn into a newer, and stronger, phoenix.

Unit type: Air

Level 13
Okay Elenai, this unit you just cant argue with:

Laser Ranger:
The rangers of old used special bows and arrows and hid in the shadows to assasinate key targets. The new elven rangers, by coincidence are much the same.

Laser rangers carry guns, since even energy bows were discarded many years ago for theyre uselessness. The laser sniper looks much like a barretta sniper rifle, (or a halo one, in case you dont know what a barretta looks like).

Armament: Lasersniper, with special hydraulic range finding scope with special heat-sync adaptors that allow it to lock on to targets, The sniper shots consist of a compressed form of energy augmented by light and magic from the sniper's mini-core to fire a short sustained shard of pure energy garunteed to cause explosive reactions to any armour it meets. Not only that, but the sniper contains a special "arrowhead" in each shot that allows the target trajectory to be modified mid-flight by simply keeping eye contact with the target. this is by far the best sniper in existance.

Rangers are a rare breed of elf, born to kill, these hunters and sentinels have godlike power with theyre guns, allowing for efficient kills to be made. It not uncommon to see a ranger with bio-mechanical augmentations, especialy in theyre eyes.

Rangers often work with shock-teams in covert assignments to eliminate key targets before the shock troopers come in guns blazing.

Ranger recruitment is shrouded in mystery, what the public does know that every once in a while when a warrior has shown extreme proficiency with any ranged weapon and has survived multiple campaings in various theaters they are given the option of joining the rangers. The applicant is then removed from elf society completely, leaving all records of them gone. One year later after therapy, bio-augmentations, tapping the power of complete Xen-no thought calm with theyre magic and the ritualistic warding at the end of training along with one years training on a hell world and a new ranger has been born. No one knows how many rangers exist to this date. We do know they are out there, and they are watching.

Gear: Hood, cape, nightvision, the sniper (duh) black full body fatigues.

Notes: This would be the elves final tier hero or ranged unit, definately not a T1 fellow, ill type up a T1 later.

Deployment options: Rangers should be called in from a special "stealth ship" building, something thats seperate from the elf forces.

Another note: rangers DO in fact work with other elf forces, but perfer to do it alone if given the option.

What do you think ?

Level 8
I see we're almost competing to see who has the best idea... You're doing good Lol probably better than me, But I have a trick up my sleeve...
Name: Altar Of The Phoenix
Appearance: obviously orange an red-ish, Tiny stairs that lead up to a Mecha Phoenix Statue, that is standing on its legs/talons and its eyes are team colored, when summoning heroes, the statue ignites in fire and glows, Also, there are 2 giant pillars next to the statue, on left and right, and on top of the pillars, there are torches with green fire and in the green fire are the orbs (like a blood mages), and the wings of the Phoenix are curled around a glowing green crystal.
Spells: Flight of the Phoenix: Lifts from the ground and the phoenix statue comes alive with a magic chain coming from the green fire torches, and begins to fly.

History: When The Space elves unleashed the Mecha Space Phoenix, they were very pleased, and then to show the phoenixes a sign of gratitude for their help, they created an altar that represents the phoenix's power, and its flight.

Heroes summonable: The Phoenix Juggernaut (I meantioned earlier), More coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.