• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Require Inspiration! Space Elves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Disc Thrower:
Said to come from the same bloodline as the spellbreakers, these elite ranged units are versatile with spells and attack. They wield Disc Shooters, which are essentially attachments for gloves that look like crescent moons. Along the inner rim of the crescent moon, energy gathers very quickly, building into a disk. The Disk Throwers have perfected the art of this weapon to the point at which they can curve it to cut behind enemy defenses when firing straight will hold no advantage. While powerful, these discs take a few moments to charge, leaving them vulnerable to enemy attacks.
--donut3.5--

Level 35
Your ideas are not rubbish...they are simply not what I am looking for. I am looking for "High Elf" stuff, not "Blood elf".

And I love the ranger....I will have rangers most definately.

As for the Berserker...I like them. I will fiddle around, and see what I can work with.

The Disk throwing...I like them as well. However I think I am going to have it to where it is an ability that units have, like elven grenades.

The Orbs...I have not yet considered abilities yet but I will keep them in mind.

And for the buildings; Basically they are two things in one. They are a building, and a ship. When they are in building form, they stick out of the ground sort of like they crashed...but they arent crashed. And then they can become ships that serve navy functions, like towers can become frigates or attack ships....or something like that.

Basically it is this; Buildings are the big ships...and then you have vehicle ships that are like the starfighters.

Level 8
Oh, High elves.... Ill need to change those green crystals to blue, and the design of the buildings from orange-ish red, to grey-ish yellow!

Level 35
In light of the recent development of humans making their way into High Elven space under the command of Arch Paladin General Frankus Strikehammer...The High Elven coucil has decided that we need more creations to fill our fleets and our soldieries....

So fill this thread with ideas...FOR THE ELVEN EMPIRE!!!!

-Propaganda file #4562-

Level 13
*sigh* fiiine.

Elven tactical infantry:
Use: tier 1 infantry, much like the standard soldiers of today, they are seen in every ground engagement and are often the men who end up dead in the battles.

Weapons: Shard-encrusted medium combat armour with micro sheild generator placed on theyre left gauntlet to create energy sheilds.

Theyre guns are fast shooting medium ranged pulse rifles powered by energy crystals that must be replaced every 120 shots. The pulse rifles are long and intricate, but are durable and light.

Info:
Tactical teams are the elven adaptation of standard line infantry, even so, they have a few big advantages over the standard trench crawlers of other races such as a sheild that can be activated to stop most projectiles from causing serious harm. Theyre rifles make then able to dispatch foes at a faie distance but does not burden them, allowing the elves to maintain theyre famed speed and agility. Indeed, tacticals have been praised as the fastest elven infantry they have (not including special forces units). Sadly, even with all this theyre only mortal and are prone to extreme shellshock and morale damage, its often neccicary to keep a few officers with them to maintain the line.

The tacticals are largely made up of willing recruits, however some convicts choose to join the corps as well to escape prison. Most of them are quite bitter and dark after theyre first battle, saying that theyre trial by fire has changed theyre very souls.

Tacticals posess little magic, the bits they do have are not usefull in combat, so they are discouraged to use them at all in case of mana burn, something that happens to young elves low on theyre magical energies after a spell.

General look:
Tacticals have been known to change theyre armour peices but ultimately they look like this:
-Shell like armour that overlaps to form multiple strong points in the design, often ornate and encrusted with small cheap crystals to look professional.
-Most elves dont wear helmets, the few who do have a silver face protector ornately designed to look like a snarling face, but also designed to protect the user from shrapnel and area-of-effect weapons.
-Elven guns are long and look complex, but ultimately are easy to use and light to carry
-Most elves wear minimal leg armour to keep theyre mobility
-Some elves have targe Auspeices in one eye that relays them tactical data. This is most common in seargeants and lieutenants.

Not bad eh ? I kind of like these ones.

Level 9
Seems fine.

About weapons: get your average rifle gun smooth it out and make it more abstract. add a pole to it, mount a crystal on it, and you got a splendid ranged weapons.
Also it seems abit medieval, but why not put swords in it call them: Razor blade Vibro blades that easily cut through armor and are way more manouverable then the long rifles.
While playing halo: energy shields from those aliens. just make them more oval and elf like.

Level 8
I have a new idea, hopefully its okay.

Highborne Assault Mechanism
Appearance: Looks like the Night elf ballista, but it has a gray and gold pattern and has a blue crystal glaive on top, and looks like wings in front.
Spells: Highborne Protection:When in a defensive position, the wings spread out to the front, and the glaives razor sharp cystals spread to the wings, and a blue energy can block attacks, but uses mana.
Highborne Laser: The glave goes to the front and switches to its back side, hiding a blue crystal, and the 4 blue crystals on the sides come out and start spinning and then connect to the middle 5th crystal and fires a blue laser, destroying anything in the path of the laser, but drains all mana.

I dont have history of it because it takes me too long lol.
Unit type: Defensive and Offsensive assault vehicle.

Level 13
I gots a new one !

Elven strike tank:

Use: a medium/light tank used by the elves, has high mobility and is revoloutionary in terms of ground combat for the elves.

Armament: Tri- pulse cannon, that fires all 3 large pulses at once quickly, usualy meaning the target is hit. Has 2 auto laser defenders for anti infantry duties.

Info: strike tanks are new additions to the elven army, using the latest technology only a single pilot is needed to pilot the tank. The cockpit is located in the middle of the tank as frontal cockpits have proven to be useless in ground vehicles (walkers being the exception here). This one man cockpit contains information on everything from engines to armour durability to overall energy burn rates, the tank is a top of the line vehicle that can sense all data on the battlefield with scanners and cameras on its hull.

Propulsion: The tank moves with special hover engines powered by multiple energy cores and a single magic-supported hydra engine. If the pilot chooses too, he can overclock the engines for a short period of time to propel himself over to distant areas. The tank has also been known to dodge slugs and slower moving projectiles while firing. This amazing mobility has made the strike tank the fastest heavily armoured vehicle out there.

Defencive systems: Sadly the strike tank lacks some key defencive features some other heavy assault units carry, like heavy energy sheilds or super armour. Instead they carry "pulse sheilding" a sheild system that reacts to incomming projectiles. while this has proved great in fair fights, it can be a liability when surrounded or outnumbered, especialy when sheild pulses must be supplied to all areas of the tank. Sheild generators are also quite weak meaning the sheild will shut down after extensive use. using engine"jumps" has also been known to SEVERELY weaken the tanks defencive capability. Captain Elwin Ulos was able to wage a rousing tactical hit and run strike attack against a recent terran raid on the border world Sigma primus, causing around 123412 terran soldiers to retreat due to lack of supplies and proper counters to the "phantoms". While finaly being evacuated Ulos was unfortunately killed when his dropship was shot down by vengeful terrans.

Liked this one, has alot of potential.

Level 13
HOLY SHIT ITS A NEW CONCEPT !

Weapons: Besides its huge legs capable of crushing infantry, it has tri energy rifles located under the cockpit, and a shoulder mounted rocket launcher (meant for AA use only).

Info: Avatars are old, so much in fact that many see then outdated in modern elven warfare, however theyre still usefull. The main thing about avatars is that they are easy to use, easy to build, cheap, and the training time for pilots is usualy under a year, making them one of the easiest elven vehicles. The avatar has seen an entire century of use (its ancestors trace back much farther though) after seeing many conflicts and wars end its design is again being used in the Terran-elven war that has recently errupted. Walkers move fast, very fast, so much so that they outrun many spaceships (not including the lancer, which has been proven to go around the elven capital world in a matter of minuites. Still, Avatars are very, very fast.

Each walker is fragile, however. Due to the government trying to cut costs to the walker factories the armour and defencive systems are minimal, they have no sheilds and have 0 defencive capabilities. However the duality of the design and the cheap costs for its use are too compelling for the elven military. Many human snipers have claimed the lives of avatar pilots due to the poor cockpit design.

Design: The walkers have long legs that go up to the middle of a pod like unit, the pod carries a deadly weapon system directly under it and a missile system on top of one of the legs. the cockpit is in the front of the main pod, and only a relatively thin layer of glass seperates the pilot from projectiles. The missile pod is rectangular. On the top of the pod is a communications array.

There it is, a nice T1 scout mech that can be spammed for infantry assisting duties, aint it great ?

Level 13
I already gave you a (good) ranger concept ! Please dont overwork me :(

Also: another cool T1 unit would be elf jetbikes, you know 40k elven style. I just perfer mechs.

New edit:
Lulz another concept:

Elven Ultra-carrier:

The elven ultra carrier is a HUGE ship, one of if not THE biggest elven ship in space. it took years but it has been engineered to enter atmosphere as well, Allowing for effective base crushing operations by unleashing hundreds of lancers arrows and drones filling the sky with elven tech.

History: The ultra carriers were there at the onset of the terran war, it was they who reacted first, under the command of Vice Admiral Nazareth, the border sector of Xc-22 was held for 23 oporational days untill it was overrun by cheaper more powerfull terran ships being commander by High admiral Stukov and under entstruction by the paladin himself. the carrier was forced to retreat.

The ultra carrier has seen alot of combat since then, a grand total of 30 have been made, 5 are patrolling elven home systems, 2 have been crushed, and the rest spread umong the grand fleet.

The most famous move of any ultra carrier captain however was at the battle for New hope deep in terran space. After a failed teleportation attempt to escape, the primary fusion coils were shut down. 3/4 of the crew manned combat stations. The terrans fired Ion blasts and huge fusion guns at the hulk, but it kept going. ultimately the terran fleet oribiting the planet was devastated after phalanxes of arrows formed up and took down theyre capital ships. It was enough however to cause the carrier to descend. The captain, High Captain Galbratos, made the ultimate sacrifice by moving the carrier to fly straight into the terran hive-city covering a good portion of the continent. while most of the crew evacuated a brave few stayed behind to see theyre mission through, they rigged the ship to explode, ensuring maximum enemy damage. Veteran pilots have said that was all they needed to know when it came to sacrifice, that the captains death symbolizes the turning point in the war, Ultimately about half of the hundred thousand large crew died at New hope, and the afterblast has been said to kill some 13252357 humans and human soldiers. This was what was needed to finaly provoke a total war ideology with the humans, causing the current hate-fed war to begin when what was before just a petty border conflict. No one knows what the carrier was doing that far out into human space. Perhaps the high council ordered them to provoke the humans, we shall never know.

Armament: The carrier uses 12 special light flack guns all along the hull, with various PDS guns all over the hull, often armed by a single elf. the power levels of the ship are ENORMOUS, and the generator room is as big as three frigates put side by side. that alone can cause a continental wide explosion if overcharged.

Info: The ultra carrier has been scaled down recently so more can be created, they are still the biggest vessel in the fleet, but are now nothing near the size of the few of the original 30, which are about as long as a moon and as thick as a frigate's length.

The ultra carrier must be teleported into space then make an orbital drop due to its size. the time this takes to arrange is enormous.

Each carrier supports 30 combat drones as soon as its dropped in, but can build an infinite ammount of them if the commander chooses. It also holds one or two lancer squadrons folded up into a tight cargo by which can be released 5 at a time if need be.

The carriers hold a skeleton crew of about 80-100 elves, sometimes even 70 depending on the level of computerization. The crews are the most skilled and ready navy men the elves have, the entrance requirements are extremely demanding, often times the captain gets to hand pick his own officers !

The weapon systems are standard, nothing to take out anything bigger than say a frigate, but then again thats what the fighters are for.

Propulsion: Three huge Monolith class engines, leaving a huge blue trail that makes it seem like space is being torn in its wake.

Sheilds: the ship is supported by the best sheilds the elves have, they can take QUITE a beating.

Religion: The ships have a bit of mystery and religious following umong many border worlds, its smooth perfect look making it seem like a vessel for angels.

Design: The ship is a curvy beautiful golden peice of art, its design encorporating small bubbles where sensors and weapon systems on, it has 2 hangars on either side both lit up in amazing blue-silver. The ship's three huge blue engines carve a wake through space the likes of witch one could not think possible. Though many have said such a ship of that size is pointless obviously have not yet embraced its pure beauty, it has small lights on its sides where the crews are, many of them are i fact quite small windows, since large expansive luxurious windows have proven to be a tactical quagmire after a human bomber kamikaze dive bombed into the bridge of a large cruiser. This ship is fit for any king queen or, indeed god. It has this dull glow of purity, many tactical soldiers in the trenches have been known to cry when they see one fall. The carriers are a dying breed, being replaced with cheaper less durable ugly ships.

Wow. ALOT went into that man, i think i just gave you some HUGE story-verse stuff there. I personaly love this as a final tier unit.

Last edited:
Level 8
Meh, Im out of ideas (that probably wont be of much use). Hmm... Ill say when I have another idea.

Level 13
No. copying SC2 would be dumb an unoriginal. Plus it would be uncreative and lame.

Now, if this was protoss we were talking about as a side then yess, copy. But since this is space elves, i think there are many large differences between the two.

Level 35
Actually....The Protoss are more like Dreanei.

But to get this clear.....I....Am...Not...Going...To....Copy...The...Pro..Toss...Is....That....Clear....?

That is why I made this thread. So that I could find original ideas, and thoughts from the people. Protoss inspired is ok, but I am not looking for carbon copies.

And there are big differences between my Space Elves and the Protoss.

Level 26
How about something of an electric mage? Give the blood mage properties of one of Red Alert 2's tesla troopers. Like, have bolts of lightning shoot from some metal gauntlets of his. And he can have some kind of psionic storm ability.
Or an archer that has a bow that creates and launches arrows composed of energy?
Or some kind of tower with an orb that concentrates beams of sunlight on the enemy, frying him?
Perhaps a lancer with a spear that has a blade outlined with energy?

For a high elf's space armor, I would think of it as something along the lines of elaborately patterned armor that glows with a transparent thin blue barrier. For a blood elf, the barrier could be green!

Last edited:
Level 13
I liked how MSBB put the elven armour, it sounds like what i wanted for a tactical's upgrade, or a very weak sheild that they posses.

If i may add on to that, i always thought of the elven armour being a sort of deep blue with purple hues, kind of like the night elf armour you see in the armour upgrade for them. I always saw it with various plates outlined in silver or gold with detailed lines weaving through the armour peices.

Level 35
I have some of my own ideas brewing for the armour.

But I could use some ideas for the buildings. And as you know these buildings will turn into the large ships, (mostly designed by M_A).

So...ideas for buildings, and how these buildings can morph into ships efficiently and easily.

Level 35
Well somekind of animal... like a big insects or something.. while laying on ground is spawns units with hmm acid or something insect realted (in space style) then the insect lifts of from ground (the insect should be part animal or robot or whole robot... jsut insect form as it would fit elves having animals and tress look a like buildings ) Then a tree building where it seems to be a normal tree.. but on take of 4 legs of metal shots out and lifts the tree from ground.. and then the rots is visible in the form of a cirkel (working like a rocket..) So overall basic idea base the buildings on animals and nature.

To creasy for ya ? :grin:

Level 13
For large ships, it should be just it floating there with a grav lift going to the bottom.

For smalll ships perhaps make a bunch of small floating pylons which hold the ship near the ground, with a door on the side open to show units can exit.

Another idea is landing gear such as legs.

Another is to have the ships go all transformers on us and turn into buildings

Yet another is to have no ships land at all, but rather float close to the ground with ramps allowing for exit.

All ideas, all of them work, some are easier to do than others.

Red baron: Uh, what ? the elves arent tree huggers anymore, these elves use metal and machine and are less connected with nature and theyre magic. Dunno where you got that from. sounds weird and hard to do. Besides whats wood good for in a universe of huge metal carriers millions of automated fighter drones, mechs floating tanks and trench warfare ?

Level 26
Lol, you people and your protoss carriers..

How about an astronomer type of hero or observatory type of building that calls meteorites and stuff from the sky onto the enemies to make them a splode?

Level 26
Yeah, a satellite. That's a great idea.

How about a portal type of building that works like a zerg nydus canal or a waygate?
Or a cyborg dragonhawk?
You should make space sin'dorei versions of the quel'dorei units.

Last edited:
Level 27
Crystal Spire:
Defensive tower that is planted into the ground. This is a very light, thin tower meant to be mobilized quickly due to its effectiveness in massive battles. The crystals that orbit the main crystal have magic properties a mystery to all but the greatest High Elven Mages. These structures are powerful, but easily killable.
These towers have varying power depending on how many crystals are orbiting it. Crystals can be passed from spire to spire, with a maximum of 10 crystals per tower (meaning make 10 bones gyrating about the spire, and also a separate crystal attachment model), allowing a range of focuses of fire. Each spire starts with two crystals.
Graphic information: A thin pole, such as based off of the Dalaran buildings, and the orbiting crystals and main crystal are glowing and blue, and emit faint blue ribbons. When the spire dies, the crystals should shatter (if you can do this it would be cool) and the pole fall to the ground. Also, make a bottom to the spires, so that you can have a unit that carries these.
--donut3.5--

Level 18
Conquest Icon

Guys, you watched The Chronicles of Riddick? See the Conquest Icon there, a giant, needle-like building with 3 faces ot top of it. As it falls, it sticks itself into the ground. Then, when ordered, the giant faces move apart from each other and a globe of blue energy is ejected in the sky. After a second or two, the globe explodes into a whirlpool of energy that consumes the area around the Conquest Icon, dealing devastating damage. The building can lift off the ground (powered by magic), then it turns itself around, so it flies in the space like a giant rocket, with the needle-tip forward. Lifting off is not described in TCOR, but I think it should be good.
The Conquest Icon has no attack, but is quite resilient. It also deals AoE damage upon landing. Due to burning in the atmosphere and crashing onto rocks, it can land 10 or 12 times maximum, then it just cannot lift off and stays until destroyed. Needs to be recharged for every "energy whirlpool" it causes.
If you decide to make it larger, the Conquest Icon can also be used to transport lesser ships.

Level 35
You should make space sin'dorei versions of the quel'dorei units

General Frank is the commander of all Sin'Dorei forces. He is more familiar with their creation.

And I like these ideas, but I am not sure if I can create Donut's idea.

I did however consider using towers as frigates, or "larger than fighters" attack ships....I forget what they are called.

Actually, instead of making the units first. Mabye I should make the buildings first.

A nations architecture is a direct representation of its culture afterall.

Level 13
Frigates are more like "larger than corvettes units" I would say that the (newest) arrow is a corvette, a larger sized vessel used for killing fighters, soo... yeah when i say frigate i mean stuff like 3-5 houses long and about 1-2 houses wide kind of size. Just as a refrence. the Ultra carrier would be like 1 and 1/2 empire state buildings long and maybe 1/2 of a empire state building wide. Big ship. maybe the smaller ones *the ones your going to be making, since there are only what, 25 original ultracarriers left* should be either twice the size of a frigate or just slightly bigger.

Level 9
High Elf building primarly use bowls and spires.

A tower would be very much like the current warcraft ones, exept more modernised. they would have 4 "legs" wich grab into the ground esnuring the balance of the spire.

For larger buildings use oval ship like things when they land. spires will come out and they turn gradually into buildings. if you want it even more futuristic. the elves would just plants a big block of metal like substance and mold it into a building at the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.