• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I protected all versions of my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I use a wc3 optimizer, and in the process of optimizing my map because i thought i didnt, i realized i protected all the versions of it(editing and playable). im ok with playable one being optimized but how do i go back n edit optimized vr.?

Level 22
:O
I'm afraid you got yourself a big problem there.
If you're only going to work on the JASS in the map then there is a way which could work. Get yourself a MPQ Extractor and try to locate the war3map.j file. In the most cases of map protection it will not be named that, so you need to search. Basically it will be a lot bigger than the other files (you can see the file size of each file in most mpq extractors). When you've found it just extract it and open it in a text editor and start working. When you're done just put it back into the map. This method doesn't work that well as most map protectors will rename every variable and function with weird names which doesn't make sense at all, so you need to figure out what each function does on your own.

Good luck!

Edit: I believe this method isn't actually considered unprotecting the map as you're not actually unprotecting it, you're just extracting the war3map.j file :D

Level 2
1: Protected maps cannot be restored in anyway unless you know some professional ways.
2: Extracting the war3map.j file will not restore your map. Doing this will only allow you to see the imported models etc, see the map you have made and so on, BUT, you cannot save the map using the MPQ Extractor so don't even try it.
3: Go to your Warcraft 3 folder, go to maps and "test". You should be able to find a old version here. It's your best shot.
4: If you want me to, I can look deeper into this and hopefully restore atleast the map it self, maybe not the spells and such...

Super_Man will do hes best :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.