• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need some help to remake Legion td Mega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Hive.

I love playing Legion td Mega, and i would like to try some different combos with some different towers.
So i need to create a race ( builder ) which has the 44 towers i want. See list below.

Aqua Spirit
Alchemist
Apparition
Archer
Bone Warrior
Carrion Spitter
Captain
Disciple
Dark Priest
Dragon Hawk
Flying Machine
Guardian of Death
Ghoul
Halfbreed
Harpy
Infantry
Ice Troll
Lord of Death
Tree of Travel
Troll Fighter
Priest
Polar Bear
Spawn of Dragon
Sea Giant
Steamroller
Seer of Darkness
Mermaid
Minotaur
Medicine Man
Moon Guard
Neotank
Nightmare
Necromancer
Orc Warlock
Orc Warrior
Orc Warchief
Outcast
Overseer
Young Witch Doctor
Young Frost Dragon
Yggdrasil
Wyvern
Wanderer
Wandigoo

Level 13
so, i don't really know that map, so what do you want to do excactly?

you opened the map in map editor and now want to create a unit which can create all towers in the game? or do
do the builders have any special abilities? if it is just to try something, we don't you just preplace a worker from each race in the editor and play around with them?

Level 39
you opened the map in map editor and now want to create a unit which can create all towers in the game? or do
do the builders have any special abilities? if it is just to try something, we don't you just preplace a worker from each race in the editor and play around with them?
It's a build-towers-that-are-actually-units-that-fight-off-the-wave (tower) defense map. There are a number of different races to pick from that give the player access to 8 towers (units) each, but not any other units so you're locked out of all of the other possible towers once you choose your race. The OP wants to add an uber-builder to the map that can make all 44 of the towers they wrote in their post to try out different combos.

My question to @Anders Eksten is: do you actually have an unprotected copy of Legion TD Mega that you would add such a builder to? Without that this thread is pointless because you'd have to remake the entire map from the ground up to do this. You can't just willy-nilly modify a map you downloaded if it has had any sort of map protection done to it. I'm aware Vex's mapoptimizer doesn't work any more on new patches but I presume there's some form of protection still being used to prevent rampant cheating in a game like Legion TD with an ELO/rank system.

Level 2
It's a build-towers-that-are-actually-units-that-fight-off-the-wave (tower) defense map. There are a number of different races to pick from that give the player access to 8 towers (units) each, but not any other units so you're locked out of all of the other possible towers once you choose your race. The OP wants to add an uber-builder to the map that can make all 44 of the towers they wrote in their post to try out different combos.

My question to @Anders Eksten is: do you actually have an unprotected copy of Legion TD Mega that you would add such a builder to? Without that this thread is pointless because you'd have to remake the entire map from the ground up to do this. You can't just willy-nilly modify a map you downloaded if it has had any sort of map protection done to it. I'm aware Vex's mapoptimizer doesn't work any more on new patches but I presume there's some form of protection still being used to prevent rampant cheating in a game like Legion TD with an ELO/rank system.

I have an unprotected version right here.

Attachments

• Legion TD Mega 3.41 unprotect.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
Level 11
I has a dumb question, how do you plan on making a single worker hold 44 buildings?
There are multiple ways to do this, but it needs to be specified, should there be 8 buildings per "build" page and a "next page" button?
Or is there going to be "base" towers (like the scout tower) that then can upgrade to all of its' races towers?

Level 2
I has a dumb question, how do you plan on making a single worker hold 44 buildings?
There are multiple ways to do this, but it needs to be specified, should there be 8 buildings per "build" page and a "next page" button?
Or is there going to be "base" towers (like the scout tower) that then can upgrade to all of its' races towers?

There should be 11 per build page :)

Level 39
Copy any of the builder units and paste it 4 times make to make 4 new builders. Delete all entries in the new unit's list of buildings it can build, and add 11 of the units you want to build to that list of buildable structures for that unit.

Repeat 3 more times. Pre-place 1 of each builder on the map for you to use. Save and play the map.

Level 15
For starters @Skinkerfar92, you need to change what a peasant can build in "Object Editor", change their model files, example for guard tower change their interface icon and model file, then work on their attack missiles and attack speed. If you are talking about the "iron man system" that after a goblin shredder is killed then summon a goblin, you can look at "hydra passive" it will spawn a unit after it is killed. Hope that helps you in your dream to warcraft 3 map editing, welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Level 2
When i try to save map, it will give me these errors ?

Skærmbillede (27).png Skærmbillede (25).png Skærmbillede (27).png Skærmbillede (25).png

Level 39
Considering the trigger that has errors is called "AntiCPconfig" I think its purpose is to prevent copying the map and saving it. If that is not the case, then the error is from needing to use an advanced editor like WEX, JNGP, or Sharpcraft. Or maybe the updated 1.30 editor. It's really hard to tell. At any rate it's a trigger issue, not an issue with anything you did in the Object Editor.

For starters @Skinkerfar92, you need to change what a peasant can build in "Object Editor", change their model files, example for guard tower change their interface icon and model file, then work on their attack missiles and attack speed. If you are talking about the "iron man system" that after a goblin shredder is killed then summon a goblin, you can look at "hydra passive" it will spawn a unit after it is killed.
The OP just wants to mess with a pre-existing custom map, not make new towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.