• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey y'all! Straight to the question -

What modelling application should I use ? I'm currently interested in Autocad's 3Ds Max and am using the 2009 one. But I noticed that most (if not all) wc3 modellers are using 3Ds Max 5 ( is that the same as 3ds max 2005 ? ) I want the one which has the easiest to find and use importers/exporters. The most popular one for wc3 modelling. /Not milkshape. I hate it for some reason/

NOTE : I don't really know anything about 3D modelling, nor about the 3D modelling applications.. so please, instead of laughing at me, reply with some helpful info.

Thanks for reading and hopefully for replying,

Have a nice life . :eekani:
<also sorry for the rushing flow, I'm in a serious hurry D: >

Level 7
Well since youre using 3Ds Max 2009, I suggest you use NeoDex Exporter's Script. The script is enabled for all max versions even GMAX. Users here usually use 3Ds Max 4/5 mainly because of our ancient scripts and plugins available here that are not compatible with 3Ds Max 6+ for Blizzard only gave us one version of the Blizzard Art Tools and never updated it to newer modeling programs.

I personally use both 3Ds Max 4 and 3Ds Max 2009 as I have a wide range of scripts and plugins at my arsenal. If youre going to use 3Ds Max 6 and up, importers are really not an options. However exporting should be no problem, but youre going to need several other 3rd party applications for specific procedures. It all depends on your preference and exactly what youre trying to achieve really.

I suggest you look here for a detailed list of 3Ds Max.GMAX Scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.