• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i need modelers for my project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i just need modelers for a wc3 project campaign. if you can help me about create a model, so write me. im making a LK campaign and im staring making this days ago. so this is why my post is poor.

Last edited:
Level 5
sorry, im starting to create my project days ago, i'll make a post about it. i just want any modeler who could make me a model, or two.

Level 23
If it is based on the Lich King (LK?) then to be honest you might not even require a modeller. There are many models related to the undead, the lich king, and that general area of lore. It might require more time on your part, and some creativity in terms of what key words you search, but the existing models on hive's database would probably meet most if not all of your requirements.

Reactions: pyf
Level 5
If it is based on the Lich King (LK?) then to be honest you might not even require a modeller. There are many models related to the undead, the lich king, and that general area of lore. It might require more time on your part, and some creativity in terms of what key words you search, but the existing models on hive's database would probably meet most if not all of your requirements.
yes, im creating a LK project but not like others. i need a modeler for make a character that i can't find on hive. could you help me?

Level 20
I'll give you a friendly piece of advice.

Use placeholder models for now and just continue working on your project. Once you have something to show (detailed description, screenshots, couple of playable maps, etc.), make a proper announcement for your campaign in the Map Development forum to get people interested and ask again.

I believe it will be much easier for you to find modelling help that way than asking people to invest their time in a project that they don't even know the title of.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'll give you a friendly piece of advice.

Use placeholder models for now and just continue working on your project. Once you have something to show (detailed description, screenshots, couple of playable maps, etc.), make a proper announcement for your campaign in the Map Development forum to get people interested and ask again.

I believe it will be much easier for you to find modelling help that way than asking people to invest their time in a project that they don't even know the title of.
yes, i know you're right. i just try to find someone who could give me a hand. i started to work on my project days ago, but i wanna try to find specific models for my project. it's not an easy problem to solve, i know. but i try to have luck and find someone interested.

Level 20
yes, i know you're right. i just try to find someone who could give me a hand. i started to work on my project days ago, but i wanna try to find specific models for my project. it's not an easy problem to solve, i know. but i try to have luck and find someone interested.
Well, it's your call. Just don't be disheartened if you don't find anyone :)

Level 20
you're the only rude guy here.
What? How exactly am I rude?

I gave you some advice on how to increase your chances of finding help and when you said that you're going to try doing it your way, I've just said: "hey, it's your choice, don't be sad/don't give up if you don't find anyone". How is that rude?!

Level 23
Maxxus, Blaster was actually being very helpful in saying what he said. Most campaigns in development normally are never finished, and there is little incentive for people to make models for a project that will not reach completion. Screenshots, maps, ect will help people see what a cool project you are making, and will encourage modellers to help you. Also, despite all these posts, you still have not described what model you want exactly :p

Level 5
Maxxus, Blaster was actually being very helpful in saying what he said. Most campaigns in development normally are never finished, and there is little incentive for people to make models for a project that will not reach completion. Screenshots, maps, ect will help people see what a cool project you are making, and will encourage modellers to help you. Also, despite all these posts, you still have not described what model you want exactly :p
i know this problem you said, im just try to find people interested in help. i don't know what's the problem for asking some help in this forum. the other rude guy seems he does not like people with "poor" project posts.

Yeah, good point, who would've known that I hate fucking morons who have shit for brains, who believe that people who are honestly trying to increase their chances of getting help are somehow rude. Don't get me wrong, I am a rude person, but I am kind to those who deserve it (which doesn't include you from now on).

Are you literally hoping that someone will help you on the internet, when you don't say what you need help with, did you get your first 56k modem yesterday?

See, THIS is what it looks like to be rude. I gave you a nice example now. Do you still believe MasterBlaster and me were rude previously, or have you changed your standards for what you'd consider rude behavior on an internet forum?

Level 5
Yeah, good point, who would've known that I hate fucking morons who have shit for brains, who believe that people who are honestly trying to increase their chances of getting help are somehow rude. Don't get me wrong, I am a rude person, but I am kind to those who deserve it (which doesn't include you from now on).

Are you literally hoping that someone will help you on the internet, when you don't say what you need help with, did you get your first 56k modem yesterday?

See, THIS is what it looks like to be rude. I gave you a nice example now. Do you still believe MasterBlaster and me were rude previously, or have you changed your standards for what you'd consider rude behavior on an internet forum?
i think you should not generalice to people, and if you are writing like a angry child so your argument is as poor as my post. do you think im trying to meet people like you just for disturb? thats ironic.

i think you should not generalice to people

I didn't generalize, everything I wrote is directly derived from your behavior.

and if you are writing like a angry child so your argument is as poor as my post.

That's not how arguments work, also dismissing an argument because someone is "rude" is a fallacy in itself, especially considering I wrote that just to show you what it means to be rude, since you seemed to be pretty confused regarding that.

do you think im trying to meet people like you just for disturb? thats ironic.

Well, I don't think you're trying much of anything. You came to the site to post to project recruitment with "hey guys pls help me lol i wont tell you what i need just that i need something", and when told to expand on why people should help you, and what you need help with, you told us we're rude (which, ironically, WAS rude of you).

Level 5
I didn't generalize, everything I wrote is directly derived from your behavior.

That's not how arguments work, also dismissing an argument because someone is "rude" is a fallacy in itself, especially considering I wrote that just to show you what it means to be rude, since you seemed to be pretty confused regarding that.

Well, I don't think you're trying much of anything. You came to the site to post to project recruitment with "hey guys pls help me lol i wont tell you what i need just that i need something", and when told to expand on why people should help you, and what you need help with, you told us we're rude (which, ironically, WAS rude of you).
well, if you are not really interested to offer me your help so go to other place and not come to this kind of posts just for show your saltiness.

well, if you are not really interested to offer me your help so go to other place and not come to this kind of posts just for show your saltiness.

You don't even realize that I am being nice for even replying to this thread in first place.

Nice, friendly HT :cgrin:
Well, it's funny, I can offer help to you, here it goes: Write a main post that provides info. You still haven't said anything about your project OR MODELS YOU NEED. Fix that if you want people to pay more attention to this thread. Good luck in finding people to help you. Also I see you haven't been very active, so welcome to hive :csmile:
Basically satan HT :cevil:
I will pour salt on your fucking grave through urination but only if I decide if you're worth even that much.​

Level 5
You don't even realize that I am being nice for even replying to this thread in first place.

Nice, friendly HT :cgrin:
Well, it's funny, I can offer help to you, here it goes: Write a main post that provides info. You still haven't said anything about your project OR MODELS YOU NEED. Fix that if you want people to pay more attention to this thread. Good luck in finding people to help you. Also I see you haven't been very active, so welcome to hive :csmile:
Basically satan HT :cevil:
I will pour salt on your fucking grave through urination but only if I decide if you're worth even that much.​
well, you're really ironic bcz you don't even know why i ask for help, and you said things like "I hate fucking morons who have shit for brains" and more salty comments. you could ask why i can't make a better post before write like a salty child. i don't try to disturb but you still commenting here. as i said before, if you're not really interested in offer your help, so go to write salty things in other place. if you don't believe me, ok. i will not be angry for that.

well, you're really ironic bcz you don't even know why i ask for help

The only reason I don't know why you asked for help is because YOU DIDN'T TELL ANYONE, your post contains 1 (ONE) nondescript line about some random project nobody should care about since you don't care about it enough to even describe it with a paragraph or two, or post a screenshot. Nothing. You don't respect your own project, so why should anyone else? Your effort is zero. As far as we know, the project exists only in your head, and you're asking people to create models (which models, again? you didn't tell) for you. All I know about your project are three things: It's a project about Lich King and you need some models. That's nothing.

and you said things like "I hate fucking morons who have shit for brains" and more salty comments.

And you'll get more of those if you don't start listening to the advice of others. You are literally incapable of even asking for help.

you could ask why i can't make a better post before write like a salty child.

Your English might be broken, but it's good enough to write "salty" 10 times per post, so you know your jargon. You didn't even start explaining what your map is about or what models you need. Also, how on earth do you think you're going to "recruit" people if you can't word what they need to do? If that's the case, the entire point of this thread is null.

i don't try to disturb but you still commenting here.

Well, that's wrong. You are replying to me with some mindbogglingly stupid stuff. It's pretty disturbing, actually.

as i said before, if you're not really interested in offer your help, so go to write salty things in other place.

If you thought about it for more than a nanosecond, you'd at least realize that "hey dude, make a better post so people who intend to help you with what you want, can at least figure out what it is that you want" is pretty damn good advice in this case. I won't make models for you, but I can advise you on how to attract people to your project, and motivate them to help you. But you don't care about that, you just want things done, and from the looks of this post, you don't even know what things.

if you don't believe me, ok. i will not be angry for that.

Like anyone would care if you were angry at them.

Look, you're in no position to have people care whether you're angry at them or not. Because, to put it bluntly, you're a nobody here.

You're not giving anyone a reason to care about any of this. And that's my point. However, if you want things done, then you WANT people to care about both you and your project(s). Yet nobody does. Hell, even I only care about the fact that people don't care about this (which is kinda meta but also hilarious), and not about your project. Why don't you work on changing that? Make it so people care about the project, instead. Show some screenshots. Explain your grand idea on why it's worthwhile. Explain which models you need. Explain what it is all about in the end. Why do you think anyone would put any effort when you are clearly not?

Here are the three four reasons I am replying to you:
  1. You keep replying to me
  2. I hate freeloaders who want others to make stuff for them (without showcasing their own work) more than anything
  3. I still want you to write either an actual request, or a good recruitment post
  4. I am having fun here
So let's summarize this, you're not going to have anyone help you because you
  • likely have zero mapmaking skills
  • apparently have no idea what you're doing (as evident from how this thread goes)
  • can't really write good English
  • can't post stuff in the correct section (this goes into requests, because you have no project to recruit people for)
  • don't understand why it's important to inform people on what they need to do to help you, but feel like they should be interested in helping you anyways
  • don't understand it's important for people to know what your project is about when recruiting them
  • don't understand that I am actually trying to help you write a proper post so that others know what you need help with and what your project is about
i just need modelers for a wc3 project campaign. if you can help me about create a model, so write me. im making a LK campaign and im staring making this days ago. so this is why my post is poor.

You mean, your post is poor because you have literally nothing to showcase? Then why do you expect people to put their own time, energy, knowledge and skills when you have nothing to show for it yourself? Doesn't that sound at least mildly illogical to you? The only way you get people to help you like this is if they already decided they absolutely wanted to create some models for someone for some reason, which is not something you should count on. But, the way your project has zero information about it will deter most of those people because they don't want to make stuff for a project that will never be complete or good. Only start asking for assets when your project is fairly finished.

Last edited:
Level 5
The only reason I don't know why you asked for help is because YOU DIDN'T TELL ANYONE, your post contains 1 (ONE) nondescript line about some random project nobody should care about since you don't care about it enough to even describe it with a paragraph or two, or post a screenshot. Nothing. You don't respect your own project, so why should anyone else? Your effort is zero. As far as we know, the project exists only in your head, and you're asking people to create models (which models, again? you didn't tell) for you. All I know about your project are three things: It's a project about Lich King and you need some models. That's nothing.

And you'll get more of those if you don't start listening to the advice of others. You are literally incapable of even asking for help.

Your English might be broken, but it's good enough to write "salty" 10 times per post, so you know your jargon. You didn't even start explaining what your map is about or what models you need. Also, how on earth do you think you're going to "recruit" people if you can't word what they need to do? If that's the case, the entire point of this thread is null.

Well, that's wrong. You are replying to me with some mindbogglingly stupid stuff. It's pretty disturbing, actually.

If you thought about it for more than a nanosecond, you'd at least realize that "hey dude, make a better post so people who intend to help you with what you want, can at least figure out what it is that you want" is pretty damn good advice in this case. I won't make models for you, but I can advise you on how to attract people to your project, and motivate them to help you. But you don't care about that, you just want things done, and from the looks of this post, you don't even know what things.

Like anyone would care if you were angry at them.

Look, you're in no position to have people care whether you're angry at them or not. Because, to put it bluntly, you're a nobody here.

You're not giving anyone a reason to care about any of this. And that's my point. However, if you want things done, then you WANT people to care about both you and your project(s). Yet nobody does. Hell, even I only care about the fact that people don't care about this (which is kinda meta but also hilarious), and not about your project. Why don't you work on changing that? Make it so people care about the project, instead. Show some screenshots. Explain your grand idea on why it's worthwhile. Explain which models you need. Explain what it is all about in the end. Why do you think anyone would put any effort when you are clearly not?

Here are the three four reasons I am replying to you:
  1. You keep replying to me
  2. I hate freeloaders who want others to make stuff for them (without showcasing their own work) more than anything
  3. I still want you to write either an actual request, or a good recruitment post
  4. I am having fun here
So let's summarize this, you're not going to have anyone help you because you
  • likely have zero mapmaking skills
  • apparently have no idea what you're doing (as evident from how this thread goes)
  • can't really write good English
  • can't post stuff in the correct section (this goes into requests, because you have no project to recruit people for)
  • don't understand why it's important to inform people on what they need to do to help you, but feel like they should be interested in helping you anyways
  • don't understand it's important for people to know what your project is about when recruiting them
  • don't understand that I am actually trying to help you write a proper post so that others know what you need help with and what your project is about

You mean, your post is poor because you have literally nothing to showcase? Then why do you expect people to put their own time, energy, knowledge and skills when you have nothing to show for it yourself? Doesn't that sound at least mildly illogical to you? The only way you get people to help you like this is if they already decided they absolutely wanted to create some models for someone for some reason, which is not something you should count on. But, the way your project has zero information about it will deter most of those people because they don't want to make stuff for a project that will never be complete or good. Only start asking for assets when your project is fairly finished.
as you said, salty guy.

as you said, salty guy.
You after receiving constructive criticism:
lalala+can't+hear+you.jpg

Did you know the holy fact that telling people trying to help you they're salty isn't going to help you? Shocking I know.
maxresdefault.jpg

Level 5
maxxxus, you posted 11 posts in this thread and not even in one is described what you really want.
yes, i know. this is why im searching for people to help me. i need a modeler to create a model. the project exist, i would not create this if i have nothing to what talk about.

yes, i know. this is why im searching for people to help me. i need a modeler to create a model. the project exist, i would not create this if i have nothing to what talk about.
See, I keep telling you that's not how it works. People don't know what you want and what you're working on, and then nobody will help you, you're shooting yourself in the foot here.

please, go to disturb in other place.
Sorry princess, won't leave you alone just because you say so. I will continue "disturbing" you until you realize you can't get people to help you if you can't help yourself (by creating a proper thread).

So, let me reiterate.
Post some progress with your project.
Post what your project is about.
Post what exactly you need (so this can be moved to requests) then.

Do literally any of those and it'll suffice. So far you've done 0 things (except for telling me I am somehow rude and disturbing you) yet you can't stop about how you need people to help you.

Level 5
See, I keep telling you that's not how it works. People don't know what you want and what you're working on, and then nobody will help you, you're shooting yourself in the foot here.

Sorry princess, won't leave you alone just because you say so. I will continue "disturbing" you until you realize you can't get people to help you if you can't help yourself (by creating a proper thread).

So, let me reiterate.
Post some progress with your project.
Post what your project is about.
Post what exactly you need (so this can be moved to requests) then.

Do literally any of those and it'll suffice. So far you've done 0 things (except for telling me I am somehow rude and disturbing you) yet you can't stop about how you need people to help you.
i said you i know that, but you're still here writing salty comments and trying to provoque problems.

Level 5
I don't think you understand the issue at all.

Nobody can read minds.

Nobody knows what you are doing, what you want to do, and what models you need made.

Literally nobody knows this. Because you didn't say any of it. How do I come across to you? How is it impossible for you to understand this?
you can read...

Level 5
Well yeah, sure I can read, but you handed me over a book that only has a title on it, and when I open it, it's completely empty, yet you expect me to understand the intricate character development you've written into it :)
if you really want to discuss that, so start a private conversation and not trying to attract attention with your salty comments. this side of the forum is for people who wants to recruit people.

if you think my post is poor, or you can't read and understand what im saying so start a conversation apart.

my post = my problem. do you understand now?

if you really want to discuss that, so start a private conversation and not trying to attract attention with your salty comments.

??? So if I want to know what your project is about or what you need I need to PM you? Why the hell do you think anyone will PM you when you didn't say anything about anything you're doing? Do you imagine people just go around randomly contacting people who aren't appealing in any way, shape or form? You have failed at marketing so hard.

this side of the forum is for people who wants to recruit people.

Yes, but you aren't going to recruit anything or anyone because you aren't telling people what you want to recruit them for. This is like posting a recruitment poster "we need people to do stuff" without any other information.

if you think my post is poor, or you can't read and understand what im saying so start a conversation apart.

Why does this thread even exist? Well, honestly it shouldn't, since you aren't trying to recruit people (if you were, you'd first tell them what you're recruiting them for).

my post = my problem. do you understand now?

Sorry princess, but that's not how things work on a public forum. This is in the public domain, so it is my problem, (and everyone else's), only I choose to care (everyone else ignored you because they have no reason to give you any sort of attention).

Level 5
??? So if I want to know what your project is about or what you need I need to PM you? Why the hell do you think anyone will PM you when you didn't say anything about anything you're doing? Do you imagine people just go around randomly contacting people who aren't appealing in any way, shape or form? You have failed at marketing so hard.

Yes, but you aren't going to recruit anything or anyone because you aren't telling people what you want to recruit them for. This is like posting a recruitment poster "we need people to do stuff" without any other information.

Why does this thread even exist? Well, honestly it shouldn't, since you aren't trying to recruit people (if you were, you'd first tell them what you're recruiting them for).

Sorry princess, but that's not how things work on a public forum. This is in the public domain, so it is my problem, (and everyone else's), only I choose to care (everyone lese ignored you because they have no reason to give you any sort of attention).
i see you can't understand what i'm saying. i'll stop this.

Level 5
I know, I follow all the instructions exactly, it has all the required animations, and staring making this days ago.

But at least I got a thx.
as i've said before, i have problems to make my project. this is why im searching people. i sure you i don't really like to disturb with this post. do you want to know how's the model i want to create?

Level 5
Well I think my model speaks for itself. I am disturb tantalize, and await with bated breath to hear what model your laborious project is lacking.
i didn't write about the models in this post cuz its hard to explain. this is way i need find someone first to explain what i want cuz i don't know how to show it in my post.

Level 11
Well, he pm'd me and it took a bit to drag it out of him, but I helped him phrase his request in an appropriate/discernible way and told him to edit the first post with the message I provided. As HT said, this should be moved to request forum really.

It's one thing to show someone to explain his ideas as tip, but it's one completly other thing just to pick on someone just to show how bad he is and does and how much right you are. It's shameful when reading through.

Also, in particular for this:
... fuck this shit, and posts alike. You should definitly know better. Fuck this elitism and keep it to yourself next time.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I considered cleaning up the most offensive things posted by HappyTauren, but decided against it. To people reading this, a warning for "inapproriate language" has been sent as talking this way is not okay.
... fuck this shit, and posts alike. You should definitly know better. Fuck this elitism and keep it to yourself next time.
Completely right.

Now, @maxxxus, please post pictures and descriptions of the models you need so people can help you. If you try to ignore all the derogatory horse shit, you will find HappyTauren's point to be true, that we need more information in order to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.