• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need inspiration for terrain design (Dungeon, Mine, Inner Halls, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I'm creating a map and also I wan't to try design it myself, I took the time to look how works the tools, but the problem is I don't know what to do, I know how but not what.
So basically I ask for examples to get inspiration about:
  • Dungeon (Prison).
  • Main Halls (inside).
  • Mine or a place in construction.
  • Library.
  • Maybe a natural evoriment but that is easy to get.
I tried to find them myself and I found some, but they are not convincing me 100% and I don't think they were enough and its hard searching, can you help me pls?

Last edited:
Level 22
Another one has an ideas?
Hm, it depends on what do you want to see. Dungeons could differ from each other on each custom map…
But If you want to create some elven-styled map, you can look inspiration through that music & ambience video:

PS: Recently I've done some dungeon map for my "Call of the Swarm" campaign, it isn't looking good (IMO), but you may found those screenshots useful.

Attachments

• Test 01.png
    Test 01.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
  • Test 02.png
    Test 02.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Test 03.png
    Test 03.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
  • Test 04.png
    Test 04.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
  • Test 05.png
    Test 05.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • Test 07.png
    Test 07.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
Level 24
Hm, it depends on what do you want to see. Dungeons could differ from each other on each custom map…
But If you want to create some elven-styled map, you can look inspiration through that music & ambience video:

PS: Recently I've done some dungeon map for my "Call of the Swarm" campaign, it isn't looking good (IMO), but you may found those screenshots useful.
I will take my time to watch the video, because is too long; regarding your pictures, too much labyrinth for what I wanna do, but I liked the last image.

Status
Not open for further replies.