• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I recomend you uses triggers for that matter.
I would help you but you have not been descriptive enough.
Unless you tell the exact details no one will know what you want.

Infomation needed.
How many pokemon can a player have?
How many pokemon can a player have out at once?
How many pokemon you planning to put in your map?
How do you aquire a pokemon in your map?
Is your map multiplayer?

Abc

Abc

Level 5
Another guy who used caps.
dont use caps next time its annoying.

Level 7
i'd say use a unit array and bind the units via index to the 'pokeballs' through their custom value -- ie, when captured the unit is sent to a temp area, hidden, and set as captured[x] and then the custom value of the ball used is set to x, so when u 'use' the item it checks what its custom value is to load the proper unit
hence u can carry as many as u want (ok, so as many as the guy can carry in his inventory), with as many different units as you want (including damaged units), with 1 item

or use gamecache to bind, but custom value is a simpler concept

Level 10
i no theres a pokemon map there but its can not be open its protected. i still cant get the item to work. i get wut u mean by tranfering a pokemon to other place but how do i have only 1 pokemon out at a time

i think im about to give up on this and start my real true map which i started deaths protect the queen. I just need pokeball help for that map and im set. 8)

Level 9
I must say there's indeed a pokemon map around which is exactly what you're trying to make.
I don't want to discourage you but do you think that with the little experience with the editor you have that you can make another pokemon map which has any chance of competing with the already established (may i add rather unpopulair) pokemon map?

If you do this map, try to find something different, do something with it the other map does not have. A part of the succes formula for a map is to let it have something other maps don't.

---

The system raptor explained is what i would do. Just change ownership to neutral and move them to a remote part of the map, and make 'em invul etc.
Then when the item it's bound to is used, make it appear.
I would recommend you to make a system where once used the pokemon is bound to one specific soulstone (pokeball). not one ball to summon every pokemon or something. - I'd have to give it some thought to tell you how it would best be done.

Level 10
pokemon

yes i do get wut ur sayin which im tryin to do. i seen the poeple maps and they suck to the one im tryin to build. if u ever played any pokemon games they have gym trainers which im making its a pokemon rpg not anything other. yes i may copys some but im not goin to take the map rename it for my likein and say its mine. thats stealin which i wont do.

o ya wut i dont get is seeing the triggers for the advans poepl its harder to do them your self. I just think im lazy because i am i good trigging person. ill put my map up soon because al i need if the frekain pokeball trigger yes im bassin it off of pokemon wordls where they have a fountin and all that,

Status
Not open for further replies.