• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I need help with my Phylactory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm making a map, and ive hit a speedbump, so i decided to tap the great pool of knowledge of this forum...

The problem is that im trying to make an ability that simulates a lichs phylactory. Once the custom Lich unit dies, another unit is summoned where he was (an immobile ward unit, the Phylactory, its got a bunch of negative auras on it causing havoc to enemies who come close) with a 15 sec timer on it, once the timer expires, it is destroyed and the lich is resurrected. But if the phylactory is destroyed by something else, the lich doesnt get revived. So far, so good, now here's the problem:

I need to be able to put a cooldown on the ability, like reincarnation, but if i use the reincarnation ability then the "Unit Dies" event doesnt work and i cant seem to figure out how to cancel it if the phylactory is destroyed even if i could get event to go off. Can anyone figure out the cleanest way that i can simulate those effects, while putting a cooldown on it, and cancelling it all if the phylactory is destroyed?

Level 40
Youll need a trigger, a global Unit variable called Phylactory, and a global Point variable called loc

The trigger
---------------------------------

Events
Unit - A Unit Dies
Conditions
Level of ( dummy rez skill ) for Triggering Unit Greater Than 0
Actions
Set loc = Position of Triggering Unit
Create 1 (w/e) for Owner of Triggering Unit at loc
Set Phylactory = Last Created Unit
Unit - Add an (x+1) Generic Experation Timer to Triggering Unit
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_loc )
Wait (x) seconds
If/Then/Else - Multiple Actions
If - Conditions
Phylactory is alive Equal to True
Then - Actions
Set loc = Position of Phylactory
Unit - Remove Phylactory from the Game
Unit - Revive Triggering Unit at loc, Hide revival graphics
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_loc )
Else - Actions

Level 1
I've already got that part, i was wondering if i could get a cooldown for it that would appear on the units ability panel thing, everything else ive figured out on my own from tutorials and such.

Level 1
hmm... I guess ill have to compensate by making the phylactory easier to kill and take longer to revive... 20 seconds with a whole bunch of passive abilities that, although will wreak some havoc, will undoubtably draw attention if there arent enough allies to protect it.

While we're here perhaps you can suggest the best way to make this effect: i want a big fat green laser to fire from the caster to the point like shockwave does, with the ground ripple and everything... except i cant seem to get a good model for it, or if i try to use multiple effects in a row with a wait, they end up being too slow despite how low i set the wait time... Any suggestions would help, just imagine the kind of big green laser that some mech thing in some anime would shoot.. but maybe more arcane looking would be ideal.

Level 1
I ended up using the Dark Summoning Missile appear on the caster during the 1.5 casting time, then a line of Mana Burn Target (looks like a green ball, but its solid enough) close enough together so that it looks like a solid beam.

And another thing thats stumped me... Is it possible to set a heros health regen to nothing, and keep it like that no matter how much str it gains and without affecting other heros health regen?

Currently, ive got the health regen set to none in the object editor, and the regen type set to none, but yet the hero still regens health normally as he levels up and gains more str... and if i were to change the global values so that str gives no health regen, then all the other heros on the map will have zero health regen aswell (thats bad)...

Status
Not open for further replies.