• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] i need help with an illogical bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
i cant find any issues in the triggers. i cant find any object editor issues either. when the basal golem activates the fury transformation it dies and the game tries to access a memory address that it cant get to resulting in a crash. can anybody help me out.

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
Level 13
How can anyone help when you just give us the map with hundreds of jumbled triggers, no guidelines, and tooltip-less abilities.

It's just a mess, I can't follow it at all.

Level 23
the abilities have tooltips.

No. they dont
158564-albums6670-picture79054.jpg

i told what is causing the issues so that is a guideline. the triggers are well named so there shouldnt be any issues with figuring it out.

Like poke said, your map is messy. No one has any idea how to find this so called bugged unit and its related ability in your sea of custom objects.
And so what if theyre well named? They jumbled up all over place with no logic to them.

If you want people to help you, quit fucking around with them.

Level 23
you found it yourself so dont spread lies. please help me instead.

I found it because I was kind enough to trawl through your trash heap for 20 mins.
Lies?

Your abilities have no tooltips unlike what you claim - fact
Your objects are a mess - fact
Your triggers are a mess and don't make sense - fact

The only one lying here is you. Don't even try to refute the tooltip one, I pasted a goddamn screenshot to prove it.

Level 21
that is the only ability that doesnt have a tooltip. the rest have. i am waiting with adding tooltip until i get it working. my triggers make sense and arent exactly a mess but there could be some redundant triggers that i wont ever use present. please help me fix the problem that cause the crash rather than argue.

Level 6
Are you using the Metamorphosis Base Ability?.. If then..

i cant find any object editor issues either.

WRONG! Your lying!

Your the one who is illogical not the problem...

Hhahaha.. sorry for trolling.. the truth is..

I encountered that problem also and it takes me 3-4 hours to figure out..

You got the problem with the units.. try this one...

Add all the abilities of the original unit to the unit it will be transformed including the fury transformation.. make sure UNIT - UNIT or HERO - HERO not UNIT - HERO cause it will not work..

Level 30
Are you using the Metamorphosis Base Ability?.. If then..

WRONG! Your lying!

Your the one who is illogical not the problem...

Hhahaha.. sorry for trolling.. the truth is..

I encountered that problem also and it takes me 3-4 hours to figure out..

You got the problem with the units.. try this one...

Add all the abilities of the original unit to the unit it will be transformed including the fury transformation.. make sure UNIT - UNIT or HERO - HERO not UNIT - HERO cause it will not work..

That won't help as well because both the Fury and Basal Golem are unit so it'll be Unit to Unit transformation.

Level 23
that is the only ability that doesnt have a tooltip. the rest have. i am waiting with adding tooltip until i get it working. my triggers make sense and arent exactly a mess but there could be some redundant triggers that i wont ever use present
please help me fix the problem that cause the crash rather than argue.

Would be possible if your map wasn't an unreadable mess. Problem is that youre bent on making this as difficult as possible for anyone.

If you want help, you make it so that people can help you without having to spend hours trawling through your shit.
We do not owe you a solution.
Neither is it our duty make sense of your messy map.
You want make things difficult? expect people to be difficult in return.

Last edited:
Level 21
i use an ability based on destroyer form. i have a trigger that is supposed to intersept that but for some reason that trigger doesnt do that.(it works for other triggers so i dont understand what is wrong.) i try to provide all relevant information but my skills at explaining things isnt always good. please help me out.

Level 30
Mind to elaborate what would happen when the Basal Golem clicked the fury transformation (do not say it'll throw up an error, say the things that SHOULD happen exactly when this spell is clicked). Be specific and clear please.

Level 21
it is supposed to replace the basal golem with a metapod but instead it just killed it. i fixed that problem though but i got another problem and that is that the metapod becomes invisible and mobile. the same happens when i try to transform it into a paladin.(the metapod is supposed to be visible and immobile.) since i got a new problem i uploaded an updated map.

Attachments

• bam web mountains8.w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
it is supposed to replace the basal golem with a metapod but instead it just killed it. i fixed that problem though but i got another problem and that is that the metapod becomes invisible and mobile. the same happens when i try to transform it into a paladin.(the metapod is supposed to be visible and immobile.) since i got a new problem i uploaded an updated map.

I suppose you want the Obelisk to be immobile right?
I tried to set the movement speed of that exact unit (Obelisk) to 0 instead of 1. Guess what happened ;)

Level 25
I'm not sure what is happening, what is supposed to happen and all that, since I am pretty confused (just like last time when I tried to help you fix some things in that map)

I get close to Blood Forge with Paladin and I could morph him into Bassal Golem. It changed into metapod, which was visible and couldn't move, and after few seconds it did change into Bassal golem.

As I accidentally found out from that, you can change units by getting close to some structures, so I went with basal golem to another structure and I could change it into warrior and all worked well.
I couldn't change it into paladin or hunter since I didn't have those upgrades

Is this even close to what you are talking about? D:

Level 21
the metapod works perfectly with some units but it becomes invisible when i try to transform a basal golem into either a fury or a paladin.(near a temple.) i have tested the warrior myself and that work. it is likely just the fury and paladin transformations that have that bug but i dont know what is causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.