• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] i need help... i gave up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
First of all... this is a re-posted topic i have missed the section and anybody saw this... adding something to the other post is that ive been trying to solve this bugg since a week ago... with no more results than worse buggs... :S

here is the thread i opened in the other section...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=46430

---------------------

ok... as ive already introduced my self in the wright section...ill start with an explanation of what is hapening to me..

i received a map... a huge project abandoned by its creator...

the thing is that this "DotA" style map has some buggs (as any map may have) that im trying to solve... some of them (most) i could fix by my self... but im having troubles with 3 skills...

one of those skills is supposed to be a channeling one... in wich 8 death coils come from the dummy unit and damages and stuns the target... if you move or something the cast is interrupted... up to here everything is pink colored...

but... if at the beginig of the casting you press H (Hold position button) the casting is interrumpted but... the first and sometimes the second death coil is launched without expending mana nor cooldown... so... if you do this many times you get an imbalanced and eternal ability...

i just dont know what else to do (regards im kind new in this) coz ive tried every single thing i could to prevent this from happening... but i cant...

im askin for somebodys help... i hope you coul help me... im gonna post screens of the trigger here...

thx a lot for reading this and every opinion is welcomed... ^^

Trigger1.jpg

Trigger2.jpg

the action i didnt explain in the picture belongs to the tipe and amount of damage dealt by every ball... it is already set by the variable asigned at the beginig of the trigger ( i know i shouldnt explain this things to you... but just to make it faster to understand... :p)

Thx a lot

Darkrider

PS: srry for making two posts on the same thing... im kinda desperated... :S

Level 11
What exactly changes Song_of_Pain_Boolean? I don't see anything in that trigger which could do it.

Also, why does it repeat 7 times if you could just as easily use a loop? If this is the way all the triggers are, I'd suggest you rebuild all of them. On top of its extreme inefficiency it leaks... badly. Please check the Things that Leak thread at the top of this form...

Level 11
the reason for the loop is that it wont finish untill it finishes... if you try to cut the channeling you will go walking with the ultimate skill on... :S

and about song_of_pain_boolean... it has no reason to be there...

**ive been searching for things like that (Leaks) and ive found some.. im still studying this map**

Level 11
actually i cant believe it was so easy... you have no idea on how many things ive been trying to solve this issue... :S

well... now it is fixed

Thx!

PS: now that it is solved ill try the loop (i tried it before.. but as the bugg remained i discarted it... )

EDIT: no... when tried with the loop those death coils kept on coming from her... the loop didnt finished the way it is now... maybe if i place some conditions... ill go testing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.