• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i is having a stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I cannot for the life of me remember how to make "on attack" effects (triggered, i know you use thunder orb or something), could someone send me a test map, or link me to a tutorial.

Go to your Abilities tab, press "Ctrl + F" and type "Orb of Lightning". It will lead you straight to "Orb of Lightning (new)". In the Data - Effect Ability, enter the effect you want. In the fields Data - Chance to hit Heroes/Summons/Units, type the chance you want the effect to occur. If you type 45 in the field Data - Chance to hit Heroes, your unit will have a 45% chance to affect the target enemy hero with the effect you've entered via the Data - Effect Ability field.
Finally, the Stats - Duration field will define the duration of the ability effect you want, if it's a debuff, e.g. Cripple.
The Ability you are going to use has to be modified; it must not have any Techtree - Requirements listed.

Level 7
Go to your Abilities tab, press "Ctrl + F" and type "Orb of Lightning". It will lead you straight to "Orb of Lightning (new)". In the Data - Effect Ability, enter the effect you want. In the fields Data - Chance to hit Heroes/Summons/Units, type the chance you want the effect to occur. If you type 45 in the field Data - Chance to hit Heroes, your unit will have a 45% chance to affect the target enemy hero with the effect you've entered via the Data - Effect Ability field.
Finally, the Stats - Duration field will define the duration of the ability effect you want, if it's a debuff, e.g. Cripple.
The Ability you are going to use has to be modified; it must not have any Techtree - Requirements listed.

Ok but what if i want a custom effect, aka detect with triggers? Do i just use an ability like cripple ,but set the duration really low and erase the slow etc, then run a check for damage detection, and check for the buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.