1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

i haz an question

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Eagle XI, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    What should be done before submitting to map development forum ?

What should be done before submitting a map to the forum's map development section ? Is there any template i should be following ?
    The map i want to share is an rather simpler altered melee with naga replacing nightelf.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should make the title relevant to your topic :p

Anyway, there is no template you should be following. The only reason people use BB codes is to prevent the "wall of text" look. It's extremely intimidating and nobody is going to want to read it if your post is just a wall of text.

Make it look nice, have pretty colors (of course not too much), organize it, and more importantly, make sure your project has content so people can give their opinions.

3. If you go through some promising and bigger projects you might notice they have extensive thread art and advanced BB codes.

It is up to you. A simple Altered Melee map does not need a big presentation in my opinion, but it would surely attract more people. It depends how much effort you want to put into the presentation itself.

4. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Request was not the correct section.
    Thread moved to TownHall.

As said, there is no general template.
    You just need a map and a presentation code. How deep the presentation goes is up to you.