• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

i got more problems please answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i was making my map the other day and found the more i made the more bugs i get, i made so much bugs that i cant even fix it all, btw lets get to the point.

how do i add damage,attack speed,range,hit point,or mana to a unit, recommand to do it in normal WE if not do it in WEU.

thx,

Level 9
no it looks like protection, when i use the WEU triggers it gives me an error when saving and disable my WEU triggers and when i try to enable them they dont work, one of those protecting program is like that.

thats why i dont like WEU so much, and in the unit editer they have all those a-j its confusing by looking at it, am just too use to normal WE.

Level 9
i cant open WEU enchanter and edit my map, it saids run time error, or so, btw i found a way to increase attack of unit with out WEU just add the rune effect of damage, it will stack up with the normal damage and doesnt show +1 and stuff.

Level 9
i dont know what the item is called, but the ability is Item-permanent damage gain, ill just add this to the unit.

and btw i have another question, how do i change a hero name? there doesnt seem to even have a trigger to start with it in the normal WE.

EDIT: hmm there doesnt seem to be a permanent defense gain ability, this is gonna be a problem

Level 22
no u cant change the heros name, why would u want that? only way is making two of the same heroes, one with a different name. then replace the unit and save stats and stuff as integer variables

for the defense, only way is using upgrades. only bad thing is that ull c a little number at the hero armor

Level 9
i just wanna make the hero name = players name thats all, and for the defense i think its impossible even tho everything should be possible, so ill just make it a +1 for that

EDIT: some more questions, how can i make the ability true sight an active skill, like where i have to use mana and last for a certain time.

and another thing, the ability with no icon doesnt give its bonus

Level 9
no not the name for player, i wanna change the heros name, and the ability i wanna make active is "true sight" the one that views inisviable unit, i added mana and cooldown and its still a passive skill...

and how do i make a unit cast a custom spell?

Level 22
u will rly need a dummy spell, look, ill explain as easy as i can

events: unit casts a spell
conditions: ability being cast equal to (the dummy spell with mana cost and desription, but no damage and stuff)
actions: unit add ability => goblin scope extra sight range (or sumthing)

rly, this will work, u cant just change the passive skill

Level 22
ahh, u want more schocks. make a dummy with the shockspell (based on chieftains shockwabe => make it unit sopell and 1 level) without manacost ofcourse. when the hero casts the Dummy spell (With description and manacost, cooldown, but without effects, dmg) create some dummys with that shockwave and order them to: unit - order last created unit to 'orc tauren chieftain - shockwave' positons of ......

if u base the dummy spell on neutral shockwave it wont work, cuz it only detects the chieftains spell

Level 9
no what i mean was that the spell orc->shockwave didnt even come out, this is what i did.

event
a unit begins casting a ability
comdition
ability being cast = shockwave(a custom version ofcouse)
action
wait 1 second
unit order casting unit to cast orc tauren chieftain shockwave at target point of ability being cast
wait 2 seconds
unit order casting unit to cast orc tauren chieftain shockwave at target point of ability being cast

Level 9
yea but my spell has cooldown or maybe i have to learn the spell

EDIT: o btw the vision spell we talked about earlier, i did this and it didnt work

event
unit begins casting a ability
condition
ability being casting = "vision"
action
unit remove visionD from casting unit
unit add vision to casting unit
wait 30seconds
unit remove vision from casting unit
unit add visionD from casting unit

visionD is the dummy spell that has mana cooldown and stuff but doesnt work
vision is the spell that can see and works
but i did those stuff and the spell didnt work, my character froze and doesnt move after casting, even tho 30second pass

Level 22
i rly dont know why it freezes, maybe u should let me check the map (or did i alrdy ask that sometime?)

for the knockback

events: every 0.03 sec of the game
conditons:
actions: move 'variable unit' instantly to (point with polar offset) position of 'variable unit' offset by XX (i think sumthing like 30) facing 'facing of 'knockbackcaster unit'' degrees

turn that trigger off after XX sec and then turn a copied trigger on, but with the event every 0.05 sec (so it slides slower after a while, etc

Level 9
ok its doesnt freeze now, i didnt remove the dummy skill, and for somereason it doesnt freeze no more, for the knock back, what is the respon for a unit that got hit by a spell.

EDIT: btw i wanted a knock back like a warstomp everyone gets hit by the warstomp gets knock back.

Level 22
ah, then u just pick every unit around the casting unit (within AoF range) and do action, then run the trigger. i think it works like that

what do u mean the reason a target gets hit? how tis called? that is target unit of ability being cast, but u dont need that cuz warstmop doesnt target anything

Level 9
can i stack th events? like a unit starts an ability and every .50 seconds of the game together, cuz i dont think the target unit of ability being cast works with the every .50 second event.

EDIT: it didnt work those 2 different events, and when i cast it, it moves the casting unit, and move back 30 is a bit too much so ill change it to like 1-5.

Level 9
event-
a unit starts a effect of an ablilty
every .50 second of the game
condition-
ability being cast = knock back
action-
pick every unit in (units within 400 of (position of (casting unit))) and do (unit move (target unit of ablilty being cast) instantly to position of (target unit of ablilty being cast)) offset by 5 towards 0 degrees) facing (position of casting unit)

btw that long action is only 1 action

EDIT: with this trigger, they move but only once and they move to the right everytime, not behide them.

Level 9
..........that does target even with war stomp, but am saying the event .50 second didnt work, and they only move to one side....this is not good, the .50 second event isnt a problem i can fix that but i cant make units move behide them, like not always one spot

Level 22
well as i said. use picked unit instead of target unit of ability being cast. i know warstomp targets enemy units, but the WE only detects one target. just use picked unit, cuz u Pick every unit within range. and for the 0.5 event. just make a new trigger then like this:

events: every 0.5 sec of the game
conditions: ------
actions: trigger - run 'the spell'

Level 22
when u cast the spell: pick every unit within XXX (AoE) range and do multiple actions:
-make picked unit face casting unit over 0 sec
-move picked unit instantly to position of picked unit offset by 30 facing 'facing of picked unit' degrees
-wait 0.3 sec
-move picked unit instantly to position of picked unit offset by 30 facing 'facing of picked unit' degrees
-wait 0.3 sec
etc (copy more of those two actions if u want them to slide further away

Level 9
i did what u told me to do, but i didnt put make unit facing casting unit, i dont think ill need that, and i put a condition of the unit group action, to make only works on enemy of casting unit, this is what i did

asd.jpg

if the link doesnt work try http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/DoubleXz/asd.jpg[/url]

i did the samething before, and this time notting happens when i cast it, and when i didnt put the condition it only moves the caster, and player 12 is what i use to test with, and player 12 is an enemy, but doesnt move.

Status
Not open for further replies.