• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] I dont have a clue of what isn't working here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
No clue guys, sorry
  • Events
    • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • Boss_Loop Equal to 5
      • Then - Actions
        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Unit - Unhide Boss2_Unit
        • Unit - Move Boss2_Unit instantly to (Center of Boss 2 Zone <gen>)
        • Unit - Order Boss2_Unit to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Night Elf Form
        • Unit - Order Boss2_Unit to Attack (First unit from (Units in Move2 Heroes <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to True)))))
        • Wait 14.00 seconds
        • Set Boss_Action = (Random integer number between 2 and 5)
        • Trigger - Turn on Boss 2 Check <gen>
      • Else - Actions
        • Set Boss_Loop = (Boss_Loop + 1)
        • Set Boss_RandomPoint = (Position of (Random unit from (Units in Move2 Heroes <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to True))))))
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Boss_RandomPoint using war3mapImported\SandExplosion.mdx
        • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of Boss_RandomPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set Boss_TempLoc[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
            • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 11 (Dark Green) at Boss_TempLoc[1] facing Default building facing degrees
            • Set Boss_Dummy = (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Add Entangling Roots Boss 2 to Boss_Dummy
            • Unit - Order Boss_Dummy to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
            • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to Boss_Dummy
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Boss_TempLoc[1])
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Boss_RandomPoint)
EDIT: I SOLVED IT! this is the correct trigger apparently there was something wrong using mutiple "and" this is the correct trigger
  • Boss 2 Action 1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Boss_Loop Equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Move Boss2_Unit instantly to Boss_RandomPoint
          • Unit - Order Boss2_Unit to Attack (First unit from (Units in Move2 Heroes <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to True)))))
          • Wait 14.00 seconds
          • Set Boss_Action = (Random integer number between 2 and 5)
          • Trigger - Turn on Boss 2 Check <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • Set Boss_Loop = (Boss_Loop + 1)
          • Set Boss_RandomPoint = (Position of (Random unit from (Units in Move2 Heroes <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to True))))))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Boss_RandomPoint using war3mapImported\SandExplosion.mdx
          • Set Boss1_SFX = (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 160.00 of Boss_RandomPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Move2 Heroes <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Set Boss_Dummy = (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add Entangling Roots Boss2 to Boss_Dummy
              • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to Boss_Dummy
              • Unit - Order Boss_Dummy to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Move Boss2_Unit instantly to Boss_RandomPoint
          • Special Effect - Destroy Boss1_SFX
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Boss_RandomPoint)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Nothing is wrong. The definition of wrong means it must violate specified behaviour. Since you did not specify any it cannot violate any and thus cannot be wrong.

What is the trigger meant to do? What does it do instead? You tired insterting debug messages to see where it goes wrong?

Level 4
Well, its supposed to make a sand explosion at a random unit position, then it entangles him. The explosion appears but the entanglement doesn't (sorry, bad english). The dummy skill has no mana and no cooldown btw.

Level 3
Did you set range of the entangling roots ability to a couple thousand to ensure it isn't a range problem ?

Something else you could try : simply put the Entangling Roots spell in the Boss_Dummy unit's spells in the Object Editor instead of adding it through triggers, could be the problem.

Lastly, I don't like cooldowns set to 0, try setting it to something like 1, that too could work.

Last edited:
Level 4
Mmm, i think setting the cooldown may be a problem cuz it could entangle many unit, and I'll try making a separate dummy for the boss
EDIT: Yupe you are right, i didnt thought about the spawn for every unit

Level 3
Make sure the spell you created works on heroes, I think (can't remember though) that Entangling Roots checks for Resistant Skin so maybe that could be the problem.

Something else you could try is dropping the Boss_Dummy variable and using instead "Last Created Unit", it could overwrite itself when entangling multiple people.

Level 3
It won't ^^

If my understanding of triggers is correct, stuff like "Last Created Unit" doesn't get overwritter by other "Last Created Unit"s from other functions. Same goes for Triggering Unit, Attacking Unit, etc

Level 4
Okey, i have followed all of your advices, and nothing, i think there is something wrong with the order or the unit picking

Level 3
tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg

Okay ...

Create an integer variable with a base value of 1. Make the array of your Boss_TempLoc equal to that variable, and within your "Picked Unit" loop, add a function:
Set Array_Variable = Array_Variable + 1

Also, try adding your Entangle Spell to a footman in the Object Editor and try it on a Neutral Hostile Hero, to see if the spell itself works from a manaless, non-hero caster

Level 4
Im sorry to say it super penguin, but i did that already, and nothing happened, maybe if i send you the map could you see the problem i dont see? :D

Level 3
I can't open your map, says "trigger - firstofgroup does not exist" :(

... I started using NewGen WE yesterday, been having these kind of issues ever since, eh. But it's my only choice, I hit the doodad limit on project valley D:

Status
Not open for further replies.