• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] I can't figure out why vJass syntax check isn't working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When I try to use syntax check in WE, it says the common.j cant be found and to put it with TESH.dll. It is in the same folder as TESH and it still doesn't work. Hopefully someone can help me out a bit.

Level 13
Do you have the latest version of Jass NewGen Pack? Maybe try putting common.j in the "includes" folder in TESH? I've heard that this error has happened to other people also, it's an unfixed bug probably. But maybe there's a solution (check on wc3campaigns the Jass NewGen Pack thread).

Level 19
old newgens dont I guess
just find a common.j from somewhere
or download the lastest from my signature

OH wait you mean vJASS
TESH syntax checker WONT-CANT work with vJASS
but its usefull for normal jass codes
(its like JassCraft's)

Level 2
Thank you, I couldn't get it too check any code, but for some reason it just decided to work after I restarted my computer. Thank you. Also, I got NewGen from your sig. I saw the post in another thread and decided to have a look.

One more question, What does the "BJs" everyone talks about mean? I know they are JASS functions but what does the BJ mean? Thanks again

Level 40
It stands for blizzard.j, and it means it's in the "blizzard.j" jass file, a file full of predefined custom functions. Generally, they're bad, because they're wrappers with no or minimal extra functionality.

Example:

JASS:
//"native"
native UnitAddAbility               takes unit whichUnit, integer abilityId returns boolean
//"BJ"
function UnitAddAbilityBJ takes integer abilityId, unit whichUnit returns boolean
    return UnitAddAbility(whichUnit, abilityId)
endfunction

Note that not all BJs end in "BJ". Often, they will end in "Swap", "Swapped", etc, or just not have any special ending.

Level 3
The one thing I didn't get about TESH.......Why does it have a sintax checker if NewGen already has a perfectly good one? What's the point in having 2 sintax checkers?

Its for checking just segments of code (thats what the TESH custom syntax checker is). Its horrible however because it doesn't have vJASS implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.