• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Classes/Structs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok so if i use vJass or Wewarlock I am able to create classes in jass correct? And they act more or less exactly how they would in Java? I want to be sure. I looked at the WeWarlock post and checked all the syntax and such and it looks like i should be able to, and am thus programing with that in mind. Also since WC3c is down i can't get vJass or check out what it does specificly. though from my reading it lets me make structs, which i figure are just another name for classes. And in WeWarlock Theres attachclasses and normal classes right? I don't wanna screw with attack classes so i am just programing in the mind set of normal classes. But the weWarlock post does not have the syntax for normal classes, though i assume it is very similar to the attach classes syntax.

Level 3
Ok good. I am just setting up standard class structuers and will modify them slightly to meet the syntax of whatever i end up using. Which should work. Man classes make orginization so much easier, ahhh the joy =)
And can i assume Jass does not support polymorphism?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Stop being rude Captain Griffen.

I can not confirm anything since WC3C does not let me dl the Vjass and the other I have not looked at.

But remember that JASS is only an emulated language so emulating anything is still fine. I heard it is more efficent than even using handle varlike systems like I use. So there is nothing wrong with it.

Level 3
Classes don't exist in jass. Full stop. End of discussion. Saying they do is retarded and wrong.

I don't give a damn if it technically doesn't work like a class. And technically if you wanna get that nit and gritty, Classes are only Fin emulated in Java and C++, to "act like class". Classes don;t exists at all then,and the only structure that exists is Fin Assembly language which is essentially spaghetti code using one HUGE stack(the RAM) as its storage method. So don't Talk like you know shit when you really don't. What I wanted to know is there a syntax structure that allows me to DESGIN my code in a OOP fashion which is significantly more effective and long run stabler then other structure. Classes are just an Effin way of structuring data. So unless you truly know how a computer works, don't start talking shit.

Level 14
But remember that JASS is only an emulated language so emulating anything is still fine. I heard it is more efficent than even using handle varlike systems like I use. So there is nothing wrong with it.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I use vJASS all the time. Just if you don't know what's going on, you can't troubleshoot. So saying classes exist in JASS will just confuse people, and turn vJASS into the new GUI where only a few people know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.