• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I am very sorry to ask this (custom spells help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello forumgoers, i have been building maps for a while now. However i don't know anything about triggers.. at least not much. Im a terrainer,skinner and "edit units" guy. So now i want to use custom spells. I found some cool spells in the download area.. however i got a problem. I have no idea how to transfer them into my game and then make them work.

I have tried to import the triggers from the spell map. But that replaces all my current triggers. So i have two question

1. How do i transfer a spell to my map without replacing anything?

2. When i got the spell how do i make a hero use it? i have looked into the folder "custom spells" but they ain't there.

I searched alot to find any topic like this but i didn't find it. But im sure this has been asked before so im sorry for beeing such a lamer :?

Thanks for your time! :D

Level 9
1) The only way that I have found is copy/paste them individually. Although, is seems that there should be a better way.

2) I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I think: Units > Your Hero > Hero Abilities > Add Ability. If they are custom spells, then they should be in the "Custom" Folder. If not, then I don't know how to help you.

~The_Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.