• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I almost Died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was spirit walking tonight, after about an hour of wandering aimlessly drawing tarot cards at random, I come to a 4 way stop. I look up and see a truck, halfway down the street. I start crossing the cross walk, about a few steps I realize hes out of his damned mind. The person stops at the stop sign briefly, and floor's the gas aiming at me. I immediately jumped out of the way, nearly on the other side of the road and I realize. They Consciously drove into the oncoming lane, intentionally aiming to harm an innocent pedestrian minding his own business, doing no wrong through the course of the night; for what? Was he so impatient that he could not wait? Was this man drunk, I saw no evidence in his driving ability besides his speed; which is debatable. Was he high on some sort of crazy kid shit? Who the fuck knows I almost died for no fucking reason, strange fucking world man....

And to get even wierder, I mentioned my tarot cards; im about 50 yards from my house when I say "alright, draw the last card for the night; hmmmm I almost died suppose I were to say "If I draw the card symbolizing death I should die this very moment.""

And I did, and in the distance; my neighbor always has some jazz or symphonic masterpiece playing, I hear the most beautiful song. Im puzzled, expecting my death. I see a car approaching in the oncomming lane, straight for me. I put the card in the deck and walk forward, accepting my death and preparing for the consequence of whatever actions I took to cause my death. And at nearly 20 feet, the car jolts to the other lane; hops back-over into oncomming traffic, and tosses a paper out of the window...

What a long night.

Perhaps I learned that sometimes, death can be avoided; even if its coming straight toward me. But it's not always delivered by choice.

Level 4
I'm really not sure whether you have seriously misunderstood what SE is, or if you're
making a damned neat practical joke here. Either way, I find the story disturbing.

Excuse me? This is 100 true, and really happened. How dare you make my near death experience out to be some sick fucking joke. What the hell is an SE? The Something Else thread? I didnt know where to put this, if you would like to enlighten me?

Obviously im new here

Last edited:
Level 36
I'm not making it out to be a sick practical joke, I was considering a possibility,
considering what SE (Something Else) is. See, this forum is sort of a forum for dicking
around and being anything but sincere about anything you say. We don't apply the same
rules to this forum as we do the rest of the site.

Considering what you said, I will move this thread over to OT (Off-Topic) where it fits
better.

So. With that cleared out of the way, I've got some questions:

Firstly, what is spirit walking? Secondly, how exactly does it work that a piece of paper
can make a person so care-freely accept the most dreadful fate to befall a living being?

I would love to be enlightened on those points, seeing as I am not much of a spiritual or
religious person myself, I am curious to understand what drives those who are. I never
have anything against people who bask in philosophical or spiritual habits, but I find it
disturbing when people let such uncertainties cloud their better judgement.

So, part of my former statement is that, the other part is how it seems like people where
you're from apparently have no qualms about running innocent people over while out driving.

Level 4
Firstly, what is spirit walking? Secondly, how exactly does it work that a piece of paper

You mentioned your not religious and I assume your an atheist so your probably not going to takemuch of what I say seriously, though; I will humor you.

I Spirit walking is when you follow decisions that would guide your soul, using your utmost faith, wisdom and ability to interpret your surroundings into meaning; similar to a dream. I could speak on this further if your truly interested, but you would have to pm me.

There are 120 cards in a tarot deck, the "magick" isn't in the cards, its in your interpretation of them which fits nicely with spirit walks. Odds of drawing a specific card are low, so you ask a question regarding that card, if you draw that card; read carefully.

can make a person so care-freely accept the most dreadful fate to befall a living being?

The man who attempted to run me over for no reason seemed to think death was such a dreadful fate. Neither do I, death is equal to life; in all ways.

I would love to be enlightened on those points, seeing as I am not much of a spiritual or
religious person myself, I am curious to understand what drives those who are. I never
have anything against people who bask in philosophical or spiritual habits, but I find it
disturbing when people let such uncertainties cloud their better judgement.
My judgement wasn't clouded, I new exactly what I was doing, I knew where I was, what was going on, and the consequence of my actions. I wasn't charging head front into death, I was walking towards it, preparing to make my decision and next move. You misinterpreted

Im glad your concern lies in my ability to think rationally rather than a man trying to take my life. I cant help but wonder if your still trying to be an asshole.

Level 4
Alcohol?

Also, I find it kind of hard to believe you just continued walking after nearly being killed, didnt you see the truck's number?

Unfortunately I did not have my cellphone

And he was going pretty fast. Even if I reported it I didnt catch enough details, tinted window, Small blue Ford or Toyota 4x4, looked like an older tundra.

Probably Drunk, There was a legion bar a few blocks away. I could probably catch him in some footage, but I didnt report it when I got home, was about an hour after the fact; and if I did I dont really have much against him. Since it would probably would be DA case and I would have to press charges. I would basically be wasting my time and money.

Level 36
You mentioned your not religious and I assume your an atheist so your probably not going to takemuch of what I say seriously, though; I will humor you.

I find nothing humorous about people interpreting life differently than I do, but I do find
your presumptuous behaviour a bit... Irksome. Apparently it was wrong of me to mention
that I didn't follow any religion in general, as doing so made you "label" me an ignorant
fool.

I am not atheist, I would never have asked these questions if I were. My piece of mind
relates better to agnosticism, even if a bit more to the atheist side of things. I have as
of yet found no inclinations in life to make me follow a religion or any sorts of spiritual
beliefs. But I find people who do fascinating, their certainty often baffles me.

Neither do I, death is equal to life; in all ways.

How so?

In my current opinion death is the opposite of life. Uncertainty versus certainty.
Life is certainty, the only certainty, because if it isn't, then nothing is. Likewise,
to me, death is only uncertainty. There is no way of knowing what is beyond life,
or such is my opinion, based on my personal experience.

My judgement wasn't clouded

I wasn't necessarily referring to you, I don't know you half as well as I would have to
in order to make that call. So no, I didn't misinterpret, you presumed, again.

I cant help but wonder if your still trying to be an asshole.

I was under no circumstances trying to be an "asshole" in any regards. If you found
my behaviour to contradict that statement, then I am sorry, it was not my intention.

Level 4
I find nothing humorous

hu·mored, hu·mor·ing, hu·mors

To comply with the wishes or ideas of (another) in order to keep that person satisfied or unaware of criticism

about people interpreting life differently than I do, but I do findyour presumptuous behaviour a bit... Irksome.

I made two assumptions.
1 being you were an atheist.
2 being the fact that you care more about being right, and that this is a "neat practical joke" rather than my health. Which, apparently I was wrong, thank you for apologizing :)
Apparently it was wrong of me to mention that I didn't follow any religion in general, as doing so made you "label" me an ignorantfool.
The only thing that would lead me to that assumption is your attitude. Not until seeing that, did I begin to think it.
I am not atheist, I would never have asked these questions if I were. My piece of mind
relates better to agnosticism, even if a bit more to the atheist side of things. I have as
of yet found no inclinations in life to make me follow a religion or any sorts of spiritual
beliefs. But I find people who do fascinating, their certainty often baffles me.
As does your certainty, baffle me.

Im a man of question, your a man of statement. I can live with that.

How so?

In my current opinion death is the opposite of life. Uncertainty versus certainty.
Life is certainty, the only certainty, because if it isn't, then nothing is. Likewise,
to me, death is only uncertainty. There is no way of knowing what is beyond life,
or such is my opinion, based on my personal experience.

That's logical, nothing wrong with reason.

I wasn't necessarily referring to you, I don't know you half as well as I would have to
in order to make that call. So no, I didn't misinterpret, you presumed, again.
I quote,
I never have anything against people who bask in philosophical or spiritual habits, but I find it disturbing when people let such uncertainties
In reference to my philosophical and spiritual habit "You find it Disturbing" why even generalize something so broad within the subject matter. That's like me saying "I never have anything against people making accusations against me; but I find it disturbing when they accuse me of making accusations." Im just trying to show my point, I couldn't think of a scenario or word to describe this.

I presumed on reasonable ground with a pretty reliable grammatical reference; though perhaps I misinterpreted your speech, not your feeling.
I was under no circumstances trying to be an "asshole" in any regards. If you found
my behaviour to contradict that statement, then I am sorry, it was not my intention.

Im glad we could move past this, I do hate confrontation. What it boils down to is just 2 creatures yelling at eachother, really empty feeling when you look at it like that.. You sit in your chair, and I sit in mine.

Anyways, I almost died. Thanks for your concern

Yeah, Keiji is the greatest asshole around these parts.

Deal with it.

How.... Welcoming.

Level 15
StarGreen has tottaly cool language. I really like it!!
Also, those cards never works on me. And you should be aware if you know you will be death at that moment. Use your acrobatic skill!!

Level 4
I, for one, am happy the truck didn't get dented.

inhumane, disgusting, violent. Im surprised you have any authority here at all.

No, but really now.

You're victimizing yourself by revealing these tbh.
Not cool.

I never tried to "poor me"

I called out my aggressor and confronted my frustration at its source. Im not really digging on your input.

This is not that kind of site, most people here don't even know what a true soul is besides in video games. As you might know it is your own responsibility that you get such replies, you should have known what you are in for.

Spirituality, Religion and Video Games tend to have a huge wall between them.

Level 4
This is not that kind of site, most people here don't even know what a true soul is besides in video games. As you might know it is your own responsibility that you get such replies, you should have known what you are in for.

Spirituality, Religion and Video Games tend to have a huge wall between them.

I suppose your right, the forum is pretty topical and im pretty far and inbetween a lot of stuff. Lately I have been distracted, thanks for the wisdom. I need to finish these projects, cant seem to find much inspiration; they are all still so early.

+rep

Level 11
Good to see things have sorted out :) Once again good to know that you are fine.
There have been instances where folks have trolled employing similar topics, so can't blame the mods for being a little cautious these days. They just to their job.

Now lets forget about it and carry on. There is much hard work to be done. Right my good man?

Status
Not open for further replies.