• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How would you die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
The one and only; God, Allah, Brahman, Buddha, you name it.

Buddha is not a god and does not have supernatural powers.

If you're gonna insult religions, at least insult the right religions. Honestly, Buddhism beats atheism by a fair margin, even though the belief might be wrong; it makes better people.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Buddha technically counts as a God, because everyone that reach Nirvana become Buddha/one with Buddha. I know it is a state of enlightenment, and that the "first" Buddha was Siddharta Gautama (and therefore indicates that Buddha is just a human being with greater understanding). However, isn't reaching heaven, or paradise, in other religions practically the same deal? God's heaven. Nirvana. The difference being that Buddhism demands more of you to reach it. Hinduism "simply" encompasses all of these as different interpretations of the Brahman.

I agree that calling Buddha a God is, by common understanding, wrong, but in order to mention the five large religions, without going into details, naming him along with the other, more accurate Gods would seem the shortest way around. Pardon me if I offended anyone.

Level 17
Buddha technically counts as a God, because everyone that reach Nirvana become Buddha/one with Buddha. I know it is a state of enlightenment, and that the "first" Buddha was Siddharta Gautama (and therefore indicates that Buddha is just a human being with greater understanding). However, isn't reaching heaven, or paradise, in other religions practically the same deal? God's heaven. Nirvana. The difference being that Buddhism demands more of you to reach it. Hinduism "simply" encompasses all of these as different interpretations of the Brahman.

I agree that calling Buddha a God is, by common understanding, wrong, but in order to mention the five large religions, without going into details, naming him along with the other, more accurate Gods would seem the shortest way around. Pardon me if I offended anyone.

There is no greater way to die, than to be smitten by a God.

Level 19
I would prefer to die in battle next to my fellow viking alies from an axecut, ripping my head off my neck, just after I had slaughtered 100 enemies and would be known on middle earth as a hero and legend after my death. Not only that, I would also come to Valhal and forever train, drink and fight alongside with the coolest Gods to have ever existed, the Norse Gods.. :)

Level 7
I can't believe this topic is still alive. o_O

Just wondering, but uh... do you happen to be Norse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.