1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hylia

Submitted by forelmashi
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
My 3rd map, and 2nd in collaboration with BrookLyn, who does the terraining.

Overview

[​IMG]

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first map, Furbolg Mountain, could be thought of as a "correction of Twisted Meadows." This one is a correction of Turtle Rock, and you should see the similarities.

Notes

- spawns are slightly closer than cross spawn Turtle Rock
- purchase items at the shop from the cliff below
Contents

Hylia (Map)

Reviews
21:21, 5th May 2010, by Rui: Yet another melee map that I will highly recommend! Check my review for details. Set to Reviewed status and rated 4,5 / 5.
  1. 21:21, 5th May 2010, by Rui:
    Yet another melee map that I will highly recommend! Check my review for details. Set to Reviewed status and rated 4,5 / 5.

2. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    It's
    • "[hidden='X'] and "[/hidden]"

3. adamcg

adamcg

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    epic feedback.
    of your 1305 posts i bet 1300 are of similar context telling people how to "correctly" upload new maps even though it absolutely has no impact on anyone other than you.

best of your maps box.

4. WhiteTrashBoy

WhiteTrashBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. Cyclotrutan

Cyclotrutan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    looks good.

judging from the screenshots, the grass on the terrain misses some mixture with the dark grass.

6. WhiteTrashBoy

WhiteTrashBoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7. R.Gaming_Strike

R.Gaming_Strike

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Agree with Adam - your greatest one - Its not my or Adams way of terraining its Brooklyns own and its quite creative. I love the terrain and I love the map.

Very much respect ;)

8. forelmashi

forelmashi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thank you all for the kind words :)

9. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One question, why is hero tavern in water?

10. Teelo

Teelo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hylia? As in Zelda?

11. forelmashi

forelmashi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes zelda ^^

12. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Honestly, it's how we express our lack of interest but desire to post something.

P.S. Map looks good from screen-shots.

13. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My review for BoX & BrookLyn's melee map, "Hylia"

"Hylia" is another good melee map which, like the description mentions, attempts to copy the feeling of "Turtle Rock". Well, I'm not sure whether you accomplished that or not, but I'm certain of one thing: you did manage to make a good melee map!

The layout of the scenario turned out somewhat similar to Blizzard's "Turtle Rock"; there are small camps of turtles standing between trees, and the expansion Gold Mines are faced to the opposite side of the player they're nearer to. Their disposition is not quite the same, though. Instead of the Goblin Merchants standing aligned with the map's center and another expansion behind them, at the northeastern and southwestern corners, they're closer to the players' bases. That's an improvement from Blizzard's map, I say. In turn, you have more expansions you can claim to the left and right sides of your base, and Goblin Laboratories which can come in handy for revealing them!

I was just not too pleased with the use of ground textures; it's too monotonous and boring. Use more textures in a smaller area.

The drops are, yet again, somewhat weird. For some reason, people seem to be avoiding Wands of Lightning Shield and Tomes of Experience. Why is that?

The majority of the drops seem reasonable, which is something I'm always happy to see.

Finally, you might want to fix that flooded Tavern!

I'm really pleased that all these good melee map-makers have decided to upload their works here at the Hive Workshop. "Hylia" is yet another one of them!

My rating is 4,5 in 5, which is, approximately, 5/5 (Highly Recommended).

14. Crios

Crios

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great melee map, really enjoyed it. Very balanced and great terrain 5/5

15. Darkdread

Darkdread

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very good terrain and great melee map!

16. Maximum_Evil

Maximum_Evil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    looks great, nice terrain but it seems you've just a small space for a camp.

17. Dess_26

Dess_26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Beautiful map. Definitely a 5/5 melee map.
    Thanks for sharing! + Rep!