• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] Hunger Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map Name: Hunger Games
Name of the Creator(s): bisnar13(me)
Summary of the objectives:
To every who haven't read the books or watched the movies, your goal here is to be the last one standing out of 12 players that come from 12 districts.

Original Story
The story is that The Capitol, the kind of governemt, have a yearly event that get a boy and a girl from each district to fight to the death. Only the last one survives. This served as a reminder to the districts not to rebel or fight against the Capitol.

The Game:
Since the original story makes 24 players ,2 from each district, Instead I will just make it 1 from each district. The game begins by a few minutes of choosing stuff. Name, Gender and others. First, there will be an entrance cinematic on which you are going to the Capitol in a train, while currently talking to your Coach?(forgot what its called). Then they would be called out on a stages including crowds and a stage and a host. Then I think they will get on carriages with design and go ride around the capitol. Then maybe if I could do it, they will get the judgement on their survival score?(forgot too) then It will be added to a players points. The points would be for gifts later on the game, to help players. Then Some more cinematics then start. Different arenas with different features. With also some bonus items and weapons.

So this is my basic idea :D

Note: This is just an idea, I haven't started anything yet.

If you want to join, post Here! :D

Last edited:
Level 8
Cinematic seems like it would take up too much time.
Secondly, it's not an original idea because, well, obviously its come from a book! :p But hey, we do Anime's too!

Might be a good map if you put originality and creativity to it.

EDIT
Time as in... Time spent making that cinematic, time that could be spent on balancing the game itself. And also, it would take too much time I think before the actual Hunger Game started.

I think players should start in the part where they're in the Capitol for training (which is where players will find their perks and abilities), and given a brief summary of how things will go down, what the rules are, roughly. Then people can head to the 'ready' area. When everyone's there, we skip to where players are elevated to the surface of the battle field.

Cinematic seems like it would take up too much time.
Secondly, it's not an original idea because, well, obviously its come from a book! :p But hey, we do Anime's too!

Might be a good map if you put originality and creativity to it.

EDIT
Time as in... Time spent making that cinematic, time that could be spent on balancing the game itself. And also, it would take too much time I think before the actual Hunger Game started.

I think players should start in the part where they're in the Capitol for training (which is where players will find their perks and abilities), and given a brief summary of how things will go down, what the rules are, roughly. Then people can head to the 'ready' area. When everyone's there, we skip to where players are elevated to the surface of the battle field.
Then I'll just put modes :D

Like these:
1. Full Game - all features
2. Fast Game - Arena and introduction

Level 8
But think about it..
What's the point of the full version? Cinematics are nice, but this is a story that's already been told before.. I don't think you could remake that into something better, especially in World Editor :p.
I know it's a personal opinion, but I believe that Warcraft is about playing the game. Cinematics are nice when the ideas are original.

Level 7
I know the story and i had the same idea. I think, the gameplay should be a combination of "heroarena" and "life of a peasant", u didnt? The reasons for playerdeaths are by dehydration.

Also the units or heroes need random organisited items and weapons on the map. And they need a training before the fight, where they become points from 1 till 12 for there skill(minigames?).

Last edited:
Level 5
If you want to make it a multiplayer game with some replay value, give the cinematic a skip option! Even if it turns out to be super fun, no-one wants to watch the same old cinematic over and over ;) So if the majority of players press Esc or something, end the cinematic and skip to the training area.

Also, possibly give an option to skip the 'training' and give all the players equal skill levels? That could be useful if players/the leader wants the match to be completely even and fair.

On the whole I love the idea, and I am cursing myself for not thinking of it first! Good luck to you, I hope this turns out amazingly :)

Level 5
1st person views always feel rather clunky and cheesy to me unless they are done amazingly or if they are for a horror suspense game. I would suggest either going with standard game view or 3rd person, though that could turn out badly too.

Level 7
Cool idea, I guess, but then again it isn't very original. If you can summarize the entire starting of the game (scores, training, advice, carriage stuff and all) in a single, quick cinematic, it shouldn't go too bad. Anyway, having those two options (Full game and Quick game) aren't that bad, really.

Here's an idea ... in the Hunger Games there are multiple arena's that they build, right? So, either it's random or the player's choose ... the type of arena they go in! Snow, forest, plains, mountains, islands, etc. I think it'll be a good idea, anyway ...

Anyway, good luck with this project! :ogre_hurrhurr:, Trolol love the Ogre smiley, :p, whoever made it is a genius.

BTW, the "score" you refer to (the one you forgot) is the Training Score and the "coach" is actually the Mentor. Hope this helps :ogre_hurrhurr:.

Level 6
Skipping cinematics by majority vote is probably the best way, either that or anyone who press esc is moved to training ground while the ones that still want to watch the cinematics can do so(idk if this is possible though)

The mentor should give you some hints on which character is good with what type of weapon, inform you about the need for food, water and sleep, where you can find food/water, where you can find weapons, how the training points work, how the sponsor gifts work(killing someone, dealing massive damage, surviving for long, is very low on HP and far from food/water etc.) and other hints that could be of use the first time you play.

I'd also suggest you make an option to get mentor hints while in training ground incase first timers skip cinematics and doesn't understand shit which would most likely make them leave and possibly ruin the game balance, atleast the fun(lets say they started the game with 6 players and 2-3 ppl leave, that would suck)

A mode where everyone start with the same training points and no or equal sponsor gifts should ofcourse be available in case of "serious" tournaments and stuff where bad luck on training ground might make ppl rage quit or just not play to win =/

There should be a penalty for ppl who team up, cause someone semi-pro could just get any random noob to join the game and help him win which would most likely be a common problem and completely ruin the game.
If you make a system that detects how much time two(or more) players have been in close proximity of eachother without fighting between themselves you could make it so they get a strong debuff lasting 10-15sec or something, and/or they start bleeding heavily for a short period of time and gets their food/water resources depleted instantly so they need to go find food/water quickly.

When they run out of water/food they could get highly reduced speed(attack and movement) and if they go too long without sleep they could get a very high miss chance.

Sponsor gifts could be crates dropped from the sky in a parchute and ofcourse the user who is supposed to recieve the gift should be immidiately informed about it and the crate should land in his/her relatively close proximity, when it lands it could be visible for all players to make it more interesting ;)

Sponsor gifts could be: Antidote, food and water, healing and mana potions, one-time-use items like 10sec invulnerability, 10sec wind walk, spawning?(not very realistic i know:p) and much more :)

It would be fun if you add the possibility to set traps, then you could have one character that's specialized in that, one thats a ranger, a warrior, a spearman and an assassin which would specialize in poison and stealth.

I'm not sure how you would make the training grounds yet, but i bet someone will come up with something good ;)

Hope you like my ideas, there might be more coming too if i suddenly come up with something cool hehe

Again, great idea you had to make a map out of this movie!:thumbs_up:

PS: Hope it's not too much all at once hehe i just can't stop myself when i first get going^^

Level 4
No more Hero Arena please, i hope there are more like Jungle Trolls Reborn (JTR) or Wilderness Survival (WS) kind of map :D

I like jurassic park enchance editions, infection attack, magic football, Terrania, Custom Castle Defense and the above 2 which i mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.