• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Hussar(Light Cavalry)

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
The basic model is from the Renegade Wizard(Neutral Hostile Unit), the reason I didn't use the Knight model is because there's no nude horse model inside.
Also It is really hard to combine ANIMs from Knight to the Wizard, so I just give it up. Fortunately, the Wizard's attack ANIM is pretty suitable.
Hope you enjoy it!!! 0.-
Contents

Human Hussar(Light Cavalry) (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
Everything else works fine but please give him a portrait. AWAITING UPDATE until it's resolved.
Level 18
The Age of Empire vibes is so strong on this one :D

I feel like it can be very useful if the animations are correct... I'm downloading as we speak.

The spear appears to go "missing" during the victory animation (also it's a bit long, but eh, it's a spear).

Yeah, as you mentioned, the attack animation "kinda" does it, but not quite :p

In any case it is a wonderful addition to the roster and I hope it gets updated or give other modelers ideas :) I'll probably be using it, thank you very much for uploading!

EDIT: If you scale up the "Spell" animation it can actually make some kind of "swipe" animation (maybe the rhythm wouldn't be correct).

Last edited:
Level 21
Could you make it on foot too so Humans could have a Spearman unit...

And it is very good too...

And I wouldn't mind either the horse to be a neutral unit too without the armor...

The Age of Empire vibes is so strong on this one :D

I feel like it can be very useful if the animations are correct... I'm downloading as we speak.

The spear appears to go "missing" during the victory animation (also it's a bit long, but eh, it's a spear).

Yeah, as you mentioned, the attack animation "kinda" does it, but not quite :p

In any case it is a wonderful addition to the roster and I hope it gets updated or give other modelers ideas :) I'll probably be using it, thank you very much for uploading!

EDIT: If you scale up the "Spell" animation it can actually make some kind of "swipe" animation (maybe the rhythm wouldn't be correct).
Thank you for you suggestions!

I've tried scaling up the spell animation as I thought the same as you, but, indeed, the rythm wasn't correct. The attack animation improves substantially if it is reduced from 1.4 secs to 1.1 secs, though.

Garithos anims work as well, but you need to change the name of the weapon bone to weapon_01 or something like that before importing.

Level 9
Very good and useful, but it has nothing to do with historical "Hussar".
It's more like Hobelar, Yeoman or just mercenary Cavalryman.

Anyway, models like this are somehow very rare on this site. Classic version Warcraft also lacks them.

Level 9
For the king! It's a very beautiful model. Please, make more models of Mediaval.

Example: tatar horsemen
5e3559e47accda7a154327d3c79915fa.png
or
c9a4684b0bf06f59121f8f75d45dc4e3.jpg
Yeah, model based on ones above would be really useful. It could be used not only as Central Asian units, but also as Eastern European ones like Polish Commonwealth, Russia, Bulgaria.

Level 6
Hello, I like your amazing model and want to use it on my Campaign even if his attack animation is not great for a spear ( A light cav is so lacking ).

I try to make icon for this unit with the "Full Icon Tutorial" of Barorque ( Thanks to him ). It's my first try of any W3 creation so i'm open to criticism :) .

Maybe these icons can help someone else :wink: :

Attachments

• LightcavBTN.dds
    42.8 KB · Views: 10
  • LightcavDISBTN.dds
    42.8 KB · Views: 7