• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Huge Problem > Error Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I know this is not a technical support site but blizzard will not get back to my emails and i have found help no-where else, mods, if you are going to close this, at least do so after i have had some answers please, this is stopping me from playing warcraft

every time i start up warcraft iii TFT/ROC now i get this error

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\program files\warcraft iii\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000094 (INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO) at 001B:6CEF86A4

i am using windows vista

1gb ram
asus 8400 video card

i have tried reinstalling and running in compatibility mode and it still has not helped, what do you guys make of this? i can't play warcraft anymore :cry:

Level 3
Try to run it as a administrator? Or else there is a problem with Warcraft, try reinstalling it again completely. Remove all files that has to do with Warcraft and install it in a new folder (in C:\).

To run as admin: Rightclick on warcraft > "Run as administrator" > Wait... > Click "Allow"

Level 12
I think something is wrong in your warcraft III game .. I think something in the .Dll is set to 0 so it divide it by 0 and you get an error..
INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO i think it means an integer number divide by 0. Like a calculator it causes an error and close.
I have no idea how to fix this other than buy a new wc3 game

Level 3
Level 4
^ sorry dude but i figured at the time this was the best place to put it, hopefully the mods will ignore my error as i'm still finding my way around

to XombeR thank you man, i will try what you have told me and let you know what happens, fingers crossed.

People always post in the wrong place by accident... they really have to label this section more clearly. IMO you may have edited something in your wc3 coding and messed it up. Were you doing anything to fix any code in your game? perhaps you were trying to fix the campaign problem? Sound familiar? Tell me... were you messing with some kind of coding edit... because if so tell us so we can help resolve this.

Level 4
People always post in the wrong place by accident... they really have to label this section more clearly. IMO you may have edited something in your wc3 coding and messed it up. Were you doing anything to fix any code in your game? perhaps you were trying to fix the campaign problem? Sound familiar? Tell me... were you messing with some kind of coding edit... because if so tell us so we can help resolve this.

No i didn't do anything of the sort, it started ages ago when i was downloading the latest patch and BAM, blue screen of death, restarted the computer, and within the next few plays i got that startup error, installed heaps of times, works for a little and then the same error, i tried uninstalling, deleting the WC3 folder and reinstalling but nothing i'm trying XordeRs idea

Try and reinstall the previous patch as you may be unable to play with the new patch. Reinstall the previous patch that works on your comp. It will automatically downgrade to the downloaded patch. You won't be able to play online but you will still be able to play single player and on LAN. It's not as good as playing online but hey, You get to play a little at least. I hope this helps. When the next patch comes out just DL it and hope that it works.

Level 4
Ok, i tried re-installing, deleted the old wc3 folder, and now straight from startup i get that error, same error

guys, i still have the problem and can't continue with my map or play wc3 anymore :(

also, i forgot to mention that after it gives me that error and i press ok it says:

Please verify that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'

Last edited:
Like I said try repatching an earlier patch. But before you do that, find your roc disk and place it in your computer's drive.(try tft too i'm not sure which one works for frozen throne). Your game cannot be played without a frozen throne or reign of chaos disk for the first few weeks. After a while you won't need a disk anymore. But for now you'll need the disk. This may be the root of your problem. Try it and you should be able to play your game again.

Level 4
Are you guys sure it's the discs? they are barely damaged and why did i have to install it and play it for a few days before i get the error, and now i just need to install it and it crashes?

also, has anyone actually figured out why the error keeps occuring and what's causing it?
i think you guys are just blaming the disc for some reason, i think maybe my computer is bugging out

can anyone find out why the error is happening please

Level 4
Have you actually tried any of these ideas? I suggest you do if you haven't because it's pointless to give ideas if your gonna shun them. My suggestion: read through these posts and see if they work. Tell us anything new that your game says should the error change and your problem will eventually be solved.

I suggest that you don't hint thing's like that my friend, of course i have tried these...

i have tried many different things from different sites also and i have found something that worked

On my brothers computer he had warcraft installed from a while back so i took his whole WC3 folder and replaced mine with it and now it works, but i'm not sure for how long though, i have a feeling what ever was corrupted will become corrupted again

Thanks for the help guys, i'll let you know if anything changes soon :wink:

EDIT:

I just woke up and tested the game, same error, so something is obviously being corrupted somewhere along the lines, and i am sick of it, i have no idea what though, ideas guys?

EDIT: Got the new discs, installed it, and it works

but i'm not sure when i turn my computer off if it will work or not so heres hoping

EDIT: Same error, again, after new discs, i am at a loss of what to do, T.T

Help me Hive!

Last edited:
Level 15
You try installing and running on a different computer? It might be your operating system is messed up.

Could be a virus though, what anti-virus you using?

BTW, Blizz lets you DL games with only a CD-Key, so you didn't have to buy new ones :/

Level 4
Please no abreviations, i had trouble understanding that, i use sophos and i'm scanning the computer now, although i just tried it and the game workded. so every now and then at startup i will get that message, what do you think the case is, damaged system? virus? damaged files?

Level 4
I have a new AV, Trend Micro 2010 and i've removed quite a few viruses from my computer now.

The problem seems to be that when i start my computer up it will work but when i try to get into it later on i get the error, i don't know if it will work right after i restart my computer though.

Thoughts?

Level 22
Sophos... Seriously?
Could be why, it has about as much detection rate as McAfee and AVG.
Fixed it for you.

On-Topic:
I think there's something wrong with your OS (Operating System).
Maybe you got a virus which your AV (Anti-Virus) haven't found.
The only thing I could think of would be to reformat your computer, but don't do that yet. There's still the possibility that it will eventually get fixed without reformating. Have you downloaded something that could have contained a virus? A movie or some music or maybe a crack for a game or something? There's a high possibility of getting viruses from that if you don't have a proper anti-virus like Norton or a few others.

Level 4
Fixed it for you.

On-Topic:
I think there's something wrong with your OS (Operating System).
Maybe you got a virus which your AV (Anti-Virus) haven't found.
The only thing I could think of would be to reformat your computer, but don't do that yet. There's still the possibility that it will eventually get fixed without reformating. Have you downloaded something that could have contained a virus? A movie or some music or maybe a crack for a game or something? There's a high possibility of getting viruses from that if you don't have a proper anti-virus like Norton or a few others.

Yes thankyou for bringing that up, there may well be a problem with my computer as i have had quite a few mess ups with it, but as to your downloading question, the only thing i can think of is some music that i downloaded, see, this is Off topic, but being a musician myself and not wanting to pay for music, i have torrented a good bit of music, but i have deleted a LOT of it lately, so i will run another scan and get rid of any uneeded music.

Also, i have found when i first start the computer WC3 doesn't work, because i get that error, but when i try it later on it does, or it has so far anyway, thought's?

and thanks for the constant suggestions guys, as soon as i get this prob fixed i'm getting right back into modding :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.