• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Error Message on (my) wc3map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Yep... They are terrific aren't they?

But the fact is that it was not happening during the time playing.

It happend after the score screen, and when the game is "cleaning the map up when exiting it". you know when the screen turns black for a second or two (or more).

Is there a solution to this?
I know its not normal.

The message itself looks like all other messages you ever get when something is wrong.
This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\program files\warcraft iii the frozen throne\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F08873A

The instruction at '0x6F08873A' referenced memory at '0x00000030'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

/Regards

Level 36
Map protection is basically a way of turning a once-brilliant map into a pile of rubbish. Map data should be there for those who want to learn, i.e. NOT fuxxing up all of the code into one big trigger when you xdep-ify it, but just a simple protection method that is moderately easy to crack but takes time and some effort so people don't just open maps to hack them.

Level 23
There are unprotections of maps, yes I know that.

But how fun do you think when someone is editing a map, not for experiencing and learning but for adding a cheat?

Besides, the only thing mapprotection does, is to optimize the trigger scripts and remove the gui form. Whats left is jass right, and as it looks now anyone can read that.

And the thing that it looks fucked... may be it, but its still readable..

I don't see why you are complaining...

Did I get it all right, or should someone reply...

Ah and yet, you have to use widgetizer if you want a proper solution to convert tft maps into roc... The other way around is just a waste of time.

Level 36
Void I don't agree at all. If people want to learn, they can ask the author for an unprotected copy, or the author can tell them how they did something specific, or send them files found in the map.

Optimizing on the other hand, makes your map run far faster, and reduces the file size by a shitload.

Level 19
Void I don't agree at all. If people want to learn, they can ask the author for an unprotected copy, or the author can tell them how they did something specific, or send them files found in the map.

Optimizing on the other hand, makes your map run far faster, and reduces the file size by a shitload.

Where can I get this optimizer? Does it require some step to step instructions?
My router can't handle uploading files larger than 2 mb so I am unable to upload my new version... :cry:
Edit: Found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.