• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Running Problem, Please Help Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Erm, I'm not really sure if this is the correct area to post this thread, but I'll try asking it here.

Well, it seems that I've been having this problem for 5 days already, I've tried asking in the Blizzard Forums, Hive Chat and some other areas, but to not much avail.
However, some progress have still been made, before I've done anything, this was the error my Antivirus found that made Warcraft III unable to be run:

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\BNUpdate.exe - Corrupted Executable File
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\game.dll - Corrupted Executable File
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Storm.dll - Corrupted Executable File
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\war3.exe - Corrupted Executable File
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\worldedit.exe - Corrupted Executable File

Then, I tried to download and replace the corrupted files (Some .dlls and such) with those that I've found from Google, I'm not too sure if they're from trusted sites, but here are the errors I've gotten after that:

1. When I tried running war.exe, it gives me the error "The ordinal 590 could not be located in the dynamic link library Storm.dll"

2. When I tried running worldedit.exe, it gives me the error "The ordinal 293 could not be located in the dynamic link library Storm.dll"

Right after that, I tried to replace those 'failed' .dll files with the ones that my friend uses on his thumbdrive (He doesn't own a copy of Warcraft III) that works for him.
Well, I managed to see the screen go black (A sign that the game's going to start) and a Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos (I'm not sure why it isn't The Frozen Throne) icon showing on the desktop bar, however, it quickly closed with a fatal error. Here's the fatal error I've gotten from it:

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\war3.exe
Exception:0xC0000005 (ACESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:15033C10

The instruction at '0x15033C10' referenced memory at '0x0000002F'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

I really hope somebody would be willing to help me solve this problem, thank you so much.

Level 19
Oh, I forgot to mention in the earlier post, sorry.
But uhm, I seem to have misplaced my CD, and my CD-Key went along with it - Lost.
I hope there's some way somebody could help me out, I'm really sorry for the trouble...

Level 19
Hehe... I'm quite happy though, I just found my lost disc (It was lost for about 5 years already) and I'll let you know if it works.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
This could point towards a failing hard drive. If the drive becomes unreliabe, more and more read errors would occur which can ultimatle lead to a file being marked as curropted (as it was read incorrectly despite error checking).

I advise running a disk check (the one that comes with Windows OSs) just to make sure. It could even be something stupid like damaged sectors.

Level 34
This could point towards a failing hard drive. If the drive becomes unreliabe, more and more read errors would occur which can ultimatle lead to a file being marked as curropted (as it was read incorrectly despite error checking).

I advise running a disk check (the one that comes with Windows OSs) just to make sure. It could even be something stupid like damaged sectors.
Every computer related issue can be chalked up as a failed hard disk, eh? Seriously, every thread you post the same thing.

I'm willing to bet reinstalling the game will fix it.

Level 19
Well, my brother took out my computer for cleaning, and when he placed it back, I found several corrupted files with the antivirus.

Anyways, it's fixed now, thank you so much everyone for helping me for this week, I owe you one!

Hehe, you can close it now:)

Status
Not open for further replies.