• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Error+Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
my warcraft 3 hangs after the loading bar finished and after about 30seconds, i got this error

Code:
This application has encountered a critical error:
Not enough storage is available to process this command.
Program: c:\warcraft iii\war3.exe
File: .\cmemblock.cpp
Line: 372
Press OK to terminate the application.

any way to fix this error? please help me, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Level 2
Well, You can try to:
1. Unistall Warcraft III
2. Delete the ghost folders
3. Reboot
4. Defrag (may help)
5. Reboot, reinstall and patch
If done in such order it could solve the issue.
That should help.
EDIT: Are You trying to play any specific custom map?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Try the following.
1. Free up hard disk space or get a bigger hard disk.
2. Increase virtual memory page file size.
3. Install more memory into your computer.

If this is with a custom map then this is the wrong section as you are using WC3 outside its design specification (melee).

Level 6
i'm talking about custom map, twilight's eve orpg, its map is very huge (480x480) i think, but what is ghost folders? and i post at the wrong section? so where should i post?

Level 2
Many custom maps with custom models require graphics settings to be at maximum so the map can function properly. Idk. Ghost folders=folders that are hidden and not deleted after doing a full unistall of the game. Sometimes the same thing is with the registry entries. But, since it is not a meelee map, then refer to Dr Super Good's post.

Level 6
Corrupt map?

you mean a map can save in world editor but corrupted? why would it happen?

If the map works for other people, then you need to add more memory to your computer or atleast expand your virtual memory page file. Additionally it may be possible you run out of HDD space so it cannot save the replay file.

i got intel core 2 duo processor, 2gb of DDR3 RAM, and my graphic card is good enough to play COD6, my hard disk maximum space is 240gb and i just used <100gb

Many custom maps with custom models require graphics settings to be at maximum so the map can function properly. Idk. Ghost folders=folders that are hidden and not deleted after doing a full unistall of the game. Sometimes the same thing is with the registry entries. But, since it is not a meelee map, then refer to Dr Super Good's post.

do you mean the setting is warcraft 3 option? and thank you for the explaination for ghost folders but i did format this computer before and i just installed once after formatted so impossible got what ghost folder or whatever files that doesn't uninstall or delete completely

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
you mean a map can save in world editor but corrupted? why would it happen?

i got intel core 2 duo processor, 2gb of DDR3 RAM, and my graphic card is good enough to play COD6, my hard disk maximum space is 240gb and i just used <100gb

do you mean the setting is warcraft 3 option? and thank you for the explaination for ghost folders but i did format this computer before and i just installed once after formatted so impossible got what ghost folder or whatever files that doesn't uninstall or delete completely

sorry i don't know how to use multi quote

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What is memory usage like?

Try updating graphic card drivers as it might be a bug in the version you have installed.

The error you are getting is that of a out of memory error. This should only occur in WarCraft III if...
*. The virtual memory address space of the program exceeds 4 GB (2 or 3 GB XP). As WarCraft III is 32 bit (x86) compiled it cannot allocate memory larger than 4 GB (less for XP) for the process to use.
*. Both your physical and page file memory are being heavily strained by other processes. The result is that WarCraft III has very little free allocatable memory available for it to use that when playing that particular map it depletes and is forced to crash. Running out of memory might be managed at a function by function level but generally the root function will always have to treat it as a fatal error as it is impossible to proceed and often critical data will have already been lost.

Level 6
What is memory usage like?

Try updating graphic card drivers as it might be a bug in the version you have installed.

The error you are getting is that of a out of memory error. This should only occur in WarCraft III if...
*. The virtual memory address space of the program exceeds 4 GB (2 or 3 GB XP). As WarCraft III is 32 bit (x86) compiled it cannot allocate memory larger than 4 GB (less for XP) for the process to use.
*. Both your physical and page file memory are being heavily strained by other processes. The result is that WarCraft III has very little free allocatable memory available for it to use that when playing that particular map it depletes and is forced to crash. Running out of memory might be managed at a function by function level but generally the root function will always have to treat it as a fatal error as it is impossible to proceed and often critical data will have already been lost.

i can't fully understand "function by function level but generally the root function will always have to treat it as a fatal error as it is impossible to proceed and often critical data will have already been lost."
can you please explain more detail?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The malloc function or equivalent dynamic memory allocation functions will return with an error in the case of the memory not being able to be allocated. This will happen if the internal allocation system lacks fragmented memory space large enough or suitable for the requested memory size and the operating system memory manager returns an error when an attempt to allocate new pages of memory is made.

This error can be handled gracefully like all errors as to allow robust software to be produced. One might want to call a garbage collection routine in this case and try the allocation again as it may then succeed. However handling an out of memory error is usually best left for safety critical systems as in most cases there is no guarantee that sufficient memory space may ever become available. Some times iterative flow control faults can result in indefinite iteration over a malloc statement which has the result of requesting an infinite quantity of memory be allocated (physical impossible) thus it is often best to fatal error the process instead of even trying to handle gracefully and locking up system resources.

The exact way WarCraft III handles it is not known as Blizzard has not made the source code publicly available and it is illegal to reverse engineer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.