• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HQ Treasure Chest

Idea from you tube. Good for decorating, but best for replacing old chest.
High poly, for people who likes detailed stuff.

Keywords:
chest, treasure, gold, item, money, box
Contents

HQ Treasure Chest (Model)

Reviews
10:09, 19th Jun 2013 Deolrin: It's a cute model, but you should really change the gold to something more HD and detailed. Find a more fitting texture, add some 3D coins, add some jewels or precious items(golden goblets, golden sword...), etc...

M

10:09, 19th Jun 2013
Deolrin: It's a cute model, but you should really change the gold to something more HD and detailed. Find a more fitting texture, add some 3D coins, add some jewels or precious items(golden goblets, golden sword...), etc.
...Also, I swear to God I saw this model before on XGM. I'll look around. I hope you didn't steal it, because it's nice.

17:16, 20th Jun 2013
Deolrin: Wonderful and creative model. Good useage of in-game textures, and very nice detailing. Personally I would've added a few differently colored gems(red and blue) and changed the portrait camera so it's a lot closer, but that's just personal taste.
Good job! Approved. :)

yes hammerfist123, jesushipster is correct, open my flower models or cattails with magos to learn how to implement it, first you use mago's to create a camera, and then set that camera, then call the stand animation ''stand portrait - 1'' in the sequence manager

the name ''stand'' must be lower case not sure why, and there must be a space dash space one, because other wise its looking for a ''stand portrait - (2)'' and that doesn't exist so it errors.

it looks like this:

stand portrait - 1

hope that helps. awesome model btw. 7/10 I like glowy things better personally, so I'd suggest to add some bill boarded glows or even just flat hero glows with some geoset animation modifiers with the color yellow, look at my red rose for that example.

Last edited:
Level 7
Looks amazing, but i'm having a little visual problem ingame... The model shows fully even when theres thick fog around it, while every other doodad/unit/building etc is slightly covered by the fog. So it basically isn't effected by the fog =/

Level 7
I doubt its about doodad settings since it appears the same way as a unit, building or special effect etc. But it's not extremely big problem, can live with it.

Level 7
Yeah, same :D It's kind of self explanatory though... ''Unfogged = Not affected by fog...'' Duuh... Should've known that before xD Oh well, now we know!

Roland

R

Roland

Oh I wish there's an HQ Treasure mimic. It would be awesome. Oops! Sorry for the necro-post, I couldn't help it. Hihihi.

yes that is what that flag does, I coulda helped you out with that sorry. bit late now I guess.

several flags are obscure and weird/untrue or double negative to what they really mean in magos.

for example if you want a surface area to walk on like a bridge you need to make a very specific material with very specific obscure flags that are hard to find. as I found out with my lava bridge.

you ever have bugs like that you can ask advanced modelers questions for that kind of stuff. like me!

A very nice item model indeed 8.5/10.

I for one really like green gems, but I think more color gems would of been nice, I would of added more gems smaller, and maybe taken the priest's ''heal'' effect particles and made them into this chest but with rainbow colors. instead of gold emitters like he has there.

I think that would be a really nice update.

Level 7
It's very nice I just wish it would be rotated like 30 degrees, I tried doing it myself but it fucked up the animation haha