• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HQ Textures from me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here're some samples of MaPZone 2.6. They are very easy to be made with MaPZone the powerful texturing tool.
Take/Edit them if you want but be sure to give credits to me and MaPZone :thumbs_up:

Notes

HQ

Cartoon

Tilesets

Other

• Click on the attachment to download .BLP format
  • Right-click on the picture and select "save as image" to download .PNG format
  • Share this thread to your buddies if you like it, thanks !
HQ_Grass
224409-albums7190-picture81677.png

HQ_Grass_2
224409-albums7190-picture81681.png

HQ_Lava
224409-albums7190-picture81678.png
Cartoon_Bricks
224409-albums7190-picture81679.png

Cartoon_DirtyBricks
224409-albums7190-picture81680.png
HQGrassTerrain ( it looks only square in the game, it will be fixed when I'm in mood xD )
224409-albums7190-picture82195.png
GameMap (an example of world map)
224409-albums7190-picture82196.png

Attachments

• HQ_Grass.blp
    108.1 KB · Views: 134
  • HQ_Lava.blp
    74.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Cartoon_Bricks.blp
    49.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Cartoon_DirtyBricks.blp
    51.3 KB · Views: 82
  • HQ_Grass_2.blp
    97.1 KB · Views: 97
  • HQGrassTerrain.blp
    197.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Lighting information is important to have in your stylized textures. Try adding highlights coming from a certain direction along the edge of the bricks. Also, given how dark the areas between your bricks are, it appears like the gaps are incredibly deep (to the point that no light can reach that far down). You can either decrease the space between each brick or replace the blackness with some mortar. Finally, no bricks are as perfectly clean as your clean bricks are. Even your dirty bricks look pretty clean to me. I would expect some more bumps and imperfections. If you want it to look really dirty, add some moss or clumps of dirty between the bricks. Not a bad start though. Best of luck to you with your learning. :)

Level 10
Lighting information is important to have in your stylized textures. Try adding highlights coming from a certain direction along the edge of the bricks. Also, given how dark the areas between your bricks are, it appears like the gaps are incredibly deep (to the point that no light can reach that far down). You can either decrease the space between each brick or replace the blackness with some mortar. Finally, no bricks are as perfectly clean as your clean bricks are. Even your dirty bricks look pretty clean to me. I would expect some more bumps and imperfections. If you want it to look really dirty, add some moss or clumps of dirty between the bricks. Not a bad start though. Best of luck to you with your learning. :)
Thanks for the tips :ogre_hurrhurr: Highlight huh ? I shall give it a try earlier :thumbs_up:. About the dark areas between the bricks is definitely hard to be changed ... becuz MaPZone is not a tool for drawing but mixing the presets and changing the effects. I will try harder too. Thanks again :) :grin:

Level 10
I like your tile but could you maybe make some dirth paths and other tiles like dead grass and all it will be very helpful.
Thank you :) Dirty tiles sound very interesting, I will try to make some. For dead grass, may try to make it after dirty tiles. Thanks for your suggestions :ogre_hurrhurr:

2. For the cartoon brick walls, I'm still learning MaPZone so it may be a bit difficult for me :ogre_icwydt: :fp: still trying

Like these tiles ? Download MaPZone and try to make them yourself :ogre_hurrhurr:

MaPZone is highly recommended for the beginners those who don't know how to use Photoshop and other advanced drawing tool. PS : MaPZone is not a "drawing" tool.

Level 10
@ bethmachine, sorry for disappointing you but the truth is they are not ready to be used as terrain in game. Texture is not "Terrain" but don't worry, I will settle them as soon as I could ;)

For the paths, just opens War3 Model Editor and compares the size of terrain (512x256 or 256x256 pixels). If the size of terrain is matched with your ready-to-use terrain, then that means the path for the terrain can be used. Just not recommend to choose the un-buildable terrain for Grass terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.