• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Alpha with Photoshop 3 Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I haven't found any tutorials on how to alpha with Elements so I might as well say what I've found out.

Step 1. Open the skin (in tga format) in Photoshop 3 Elements.(Duh... :roll: )

Step 2. At the top of the window click on the Select tab. Then click on Load Selection.
You should get a window with a bar labeled selection. If the skin is an unedited skin, there it should say "Alpha 1". Simply click OK, and a selection should appear on the skin. This is how you can access the original selection.

Step 3. Now you can make any modifications to the selection that you want.

Step 4. When you're finished making the desired modifications to the selection, go back to the selection tab and hit Save Selection. You will then be able to name the selection and save it along with the "Alpha 1" original.

Step 5. After saving your new selection, go back to the selection tab and hit Delete Selection. A new box will appear, giving you the option to delete any of the selections that exist. Make sure the Alpha 1 selection is selected and then hit OK. (Deleting this selection will make it so that your new selection will be the only selection and therefore the selection that gets used.)

Step 6. Save your skin in TGA format, and when it gives you the box to save the skin in a certain resolution make sure 32 bit/pixel is selected.

Now all you need to do is convert the file to blp and then the skin should be ready to be imported!

Level 2
Ok I edited it, and forgot about the team color, so I removed it like you said using the Invert button, but it removes alot of the details, what can I do????????? Thnx

Level 4
When you say you used the invert button are you saying you inverted the entire selection? Or are you saying you subtracted from some of the selection for it to show team color again? I need you to be a little more specific.

If things get mucked up too much you can always restore the selection to the way it was before by just pasting your skin on the original skin it was based off of. Then you just make the changes to the selection that you want with team color in consideration this time.

Level 2
found a new way

also, if u edit the skin first, u can press the Channel's tab and remove the alpha. doesnt change anything except it removes the team color! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.