• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How your avatar came to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If there isn't already a topic about this, then I would love for everyone who comes to wc3sea.ch to post about their avatars. Example: How you came across your avatar, what it means to you, where did you get it, ect. I just thought it would be a pretty cool idea. A sticky would be nice, so the topic doesn't get lost in the endless archives of wc3sear.ch.

Mine is based on a picture. I was searching yahoo for some images of a sheep, when I came upon a picture of a massive cloud sheep and a sheep worshiping it on a rock. AT the bottom, the picture said Stray sheep. I shrunk the icon, modified it so It look like a powerful sheep follower (Me being a sheep god) and added laser eye (The red thing) to make it seem as if it was givin power to help the sheep.

Level 3
Well my avatar is very special to me. I just recently came across this avatar, but I think it will last me forever. If you don't already know, my avatar is a picture of Malon moving. Malon is the daughter of Talon, who owns Lon Lon Ranch. They are in quite a few Zelda games. I wanted a Legend of Zelda animated picture, and came across this one on my search. This avatar realy means a lot to me because it will always remind me what my favirate game is, The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. Oh yeah Saria I now know where you got your avatar.

Matt540 said:
Mine is based on a picture. I was searching yahoo for some images of a sheep, when I came upon a picture of a massive cloud sheep and a sheep worshiping it on a rock. AT the bottom, the picture said Stray sheep. I shrunk the icon, modified it so It look like a powerful sheep follower (Me being a sheep god) and added laser eye (The red thing) to make it seem as if it was givin power to help the sheep.

Oh! I remember the Stray Sheep, walking around in my desktop and doing a lot of cute and funny stuffs. :D

For my avatar:
I made some games (never released) were this character is the final boss and he is also called Dan van Ohllus. What else do I need to say than that my avatar and alias is based on a character I made up?
And if you ask why I don't release these games, look at the following reasons below:
- It's in Swedish.
- Not so well designed.
- Bad functions.
- To embarrassing to release.

But in future, games I create will be better. :wink:

Level 7
Once upon a time, while I were wandering in the dark gray ashlands of google image search.. I encountered a picture of an firece orc! ..so I felt like oopening my photoshop, and make signature of it.. few days later I decided that I need matching Avatar, and so, once again, I made my way to Adobe Photoshop CS shortcut, I clicked it, and I waited, and I waited bit more, and then out of sudden I went to make some coffee, whichafter immediately, I continued waiting, then, out of nowhere like a lightning from the clear sky, it, photoshop, bestowed me to see the moment of loading screen finally appear, and so, I sighed and drank my coffee, then after long waiting, I managed to consume the cup of coffee, three minutes after that it happened, the Photoshop finally opened, and so, I made my avatar.

both my avatar and sig is based on this very same picture I found from google. and so I lived my life, happily, all the time to this very day, and.. so I have planned to live happily further, more days and moths and years till the death separates me and my corpse with it's shiny scythe.

Teppana said:
Once upon a time, while I were wandering in the dark gray ashlands of google image search.. I encountered a picture of an firece orc! ..so I felt like oopening my photoshop, and make signature of it.. few days later I decided that I need matching Avatar, and so, once again, I made my way to Adobe Photoshop CS shortcut, I clicked it, and I waited, and I waited bit more, and then out of sudden I went to make some coffee, whichafter immediately, I continued waiting, then, out of nowhere like a lightning from the clear sky, it, photoshop, bestowed me to see the moment of loading screen finally appear, and so, I sighed and drank my coffee, then after long waiting, I managed to consume the cup of coffee, three minutes after that it happened, the Photoshop finally opened, and so, I made my avatar.

both my avatar and sig is based on this very same picture I found from google. and so I lived my life, happily, all the time to this very day, and.. so I have planned to live happily further, more days and moths and years till the death separates me and my corpse with it's shiny scythe.

What about your pink pony? That was so uber...I cant belive you took it out you ***** THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!!

Also, I though raiju and olof made you remove it

JAJAJAJ ok pony!

Level 7
Matt540 said:
What about your pink pony? That was so uber...I cant belive you took it out you ***** THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!!

Also, I though raiju and olof made you remove it

well, infact.. I grew bored to it, you know, bored to it as if I would have watched same movie twelve times in row same day..

it's just matter of time when I'll change my current sig and ava

just a matter of time.. and yeah well it depends lot on how lazy I am..

Level 2
ummmm seeing as this topic is about Avatars, I'm having trouble, got my picture, now how do I moderate the pixels to 128 x 128? That would really help.

Level 7
Got bored of my animation ava, so i said, Screw it im makeing a new one, and wala!
icon17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.