• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Could some one please tell me one thing. I Know how to make skins in a art program, and i know how to attatch a skin to a model with notepad. What I need to know is how do you convert a art (tga, bmp) into a unit skin that works! Can some one please enlighten me on how to do this. Please.

Level 25
Firstly, follow the first rule of the Internet: Stay the crap away from .bmp

Secondly, your normal tool used that's free tends to be a good one called Gimp

Thirdly, conversion is done with the glorius program known as WC3 Viewer, or just about any other program like that

Forthly, I fail at skinning so don't ask me anything about it

Level 31
Thanks, I figured out how to put on a new skin. but now I have new problems. one prob is that when I convert a skin it flips it, and when I flip it around and try to re convert it, the alpha layers stay fliped. WTF!(EDIT: NM I figured it out.)

Another thing, not so much a problem but something a wanna know how to do, is: can I change the circled area to be a diferent skin.
TopiaryGolemPic.JPG

Could some one please tell me?

Level 31
I thinedthe arms using oinkerwinkle's vertex modifyer, and I changed the skin so it was all gren I just want to change those really thin areas so they have a different skin, more like bark. When I figure that out it will be done. It is suposed to be a Toriary Golem, from KoL.

Level 31
I figured out how to do what I wanted to do and made a new skin, but now when I try and convert it using Warcraft 3 Viewer, it wont convert it right. I says the blp is there but when you look at it there is nothing and its not the alpha channel because when it wraps around the model its whit not team color.

Status
Not open for further replies.