1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I wanna be a skin maker ! please sopho help.

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by randym4a1, Aug 6, 2004.

1. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:
    im tire of makin open RPG maps..i wanna learn how to make skin for units and stuffs, so what program do i need to make skins ? i got warcraft3_preview program that can convert jpg,bmp to tga and i got a program i forgot the name that can convert to blp files, so guys please tell me how to or what program do i need ? sopho,sansui any pro out there ?

2. Juice_F

Juice_F

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You alredy have an program that converts to blp, thats good. You only need an painting program like photoshop or paintshop pro then you can start skinning.

3. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Remember there are other programs out there too which can help you skin. PSP and photoshop are not the only ones.

4. Hueter

Hueter

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    when u just test photoshop ones - u will never touch another program 8)

5. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehehe can be true but some people may find it quite hard to use, PSP is good also

6. randym4a1

randym4a1

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got a very old Microsoft composser that i use to edit and make banners for my website, thanks Sopho thanks everyone,, Oh my god,,,i never knew that this program could also do skins :) guess what ? i know how to make a skin now woo hooooo ,,i learned just less than 5 minuts ,, its finally work,, now i could make X men my own :) once again thanks all ...

7. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Remember to take time on your skin and use the zoom tool :0