• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A really hard questions (for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Sorry i requested alot but i really need help and i am asking stuff because it really help me, i know some of them are stuped :oops: but, hey so what. Please if you know the asnwer help me:

1- how can i skin the models, i went throught a tutrial and i did everything except the part of the skinning so please help!!!.

2- i Made a model ok, then how can i know the path to import it and what files and textures do i convert or copy in order to get it work on my Pc and on others???

3- i downloaded the "warcraft 3 art tools" and i need the 3ds max But i need to know if there is some link to free download it.

4- i need to know how to make a background for my campaign.

I really appreceate If you answer, even if 1 question, thanks alot.

Level 25
1. To skin, you must UV Wrap the model so it can use a texture. Google round for that
2. You must have a proper exporter for either .mdl or .mdx. You can set the texture path in .mdl
3. "Free Link" and "3DS Max" are two entirely different terms that can never mix with eachother. Shell out $3000 if you want 3DS max, make sure its version 5 though
4. Something about making a texture that can use it or something. I dunno, I don't bother with them yet

Level 25
1. What is there to understand? You know what Google is? Use it

2. You convert the damned thing to mdl and set the path in the textures section is how. Look at WC3 models to see how they do it

4. Look, there are BOUND to be tutorials on this somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.