• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Zoom Out in the Editor?: MAKE TERRAINING EASIER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there is a means to zoom out in the Editor to get a broader view of the map. I am wanting to make a large maze and make it symmetrical so I have used the Copy/Paste/Flip terrain on the maze's 1st quadrant. However, when a single quadrant of the maze was too big, it was nigh impossible to line up the copy/pasted terrain because I couldn't see the boundaries of the brush. I spent an hours just gambling on what part of the black void to click.

Zooming out enough would just make the entire map and cursor black so I wonder if there is a way to view the map on a broader scale. If not, I guess it's just lots of tedious precise terraining for me. If there are other suggestions on how to make a large block of terrain symmetrical, that would also be a great help in creating this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.