• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to Walk through TREES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is there a way to make a unit able to walk through trees, or do I have to mess with flight form? =(

Level 3
I dont think u can.If you could u could add blink.Not sure what map its for though.Here is a list of some possible solutions.
1.Make it so the unit can attack trees and the trees have like 1 life
2.You can make em have flight form 0_O
3.Let em use blink
4.Make a trigger for when they enter a region to teleport to another region(basically past the trees)
5.Forget the trees and have some cookies!*takes out box of cookies*

In other words theres pretty much no way you can go through trees without solutions like that that im aware of.Sorry!

Level 12
I dont think u can.If you could u could add blink.Not sure what map its for though.Here is a list of some possible solutions.
1.Make it so the unit can attack trees and the trees have like 1 life
2.You can make em have flight form 0_O
3.Let em use blink
4.Make a trigger for when they enter a region to teleport to another region(basically past the trees)
5.Forget the trees and have some cookies!*takes out box of cookies*

In other words theres pretty much no way you can go through trees without solutions like that that im aware of.Sorry!

Thanks, but none of them meet the requirements.

Seriously collision size didn't worked?
Well, if this help, invisible units can walk trough trees.

I will be testing this out when I get home. I prefer if they weren't invisible, but if that's an impossibility, I still would rather have the ability working as planned.

If it doesn't work, I guess I'm stuck with flight form.

Level 12
Use a dummy tree based on a shrub, or just set the pathing map to Nothing for ones. Of course, you'd have to use several doodads for this.

I want the hero to be able to be attacked while tree-walking.

I... can't remember if I can edit pathing of heros, but if I can, that means I have to MORPH the hero into its own version, which actually gives me a good idea about how to go about this.

Will try it when I get home and write back here.

Level 6
Try this:
Code:
Collision OFF
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters WalkTreeRegion <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set Entering_Unit = (Entering unit)
        Unit - Turn collision for Entering_Unit Off

Or.....
Code:
Collision OFF
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Pick every destructible in WalkTreeRegion <gen> and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                -------- DUMMY UNIT --------
                Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana

FAIL!! *UP*

Level 28
Use a dummy tree based on a shrub, or just set the pathing map to Nothing for ones. Of course, you'd have to use several doodads for this.

This will work but I don't see why you'll need several doobads. Just set the pathing map to Mushroom, ... e.t.c. or "none" if that works (I never tried "none" but I use the Mushroom a lot). The heroes collision won't matter when it comes to pathing maps.
A flying hero with no extra flying height will be able to walk through trees nomatter what pathing map they are using.

Level 12
Try this:
Code:
Collision OFF
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Entering_Unit = (Entering unit)
        Unit - Turn collision for Entering_Unit Off

Or.....
Code:
Collision OFF
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Destructible - Pick every destructible in WalkTreeRegion <gen> and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                -------- DUMMY UNIT --------
                Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Footman using The old unit's relative life and mana

FAIL!! *UP*

Thanks, but this needs to be an ANYWHERE sort of thing. Gonna try a few things out and get back when I can. =)

Busy working spawn and movement scripts. So much to do @_@

• Unit - Turn collision for My unit On

Nope!

This will work but I don't see why you'll need several doobads. Just set the pathing map to Mushroom, ... e.t.c. or "none" if that works (I never tried "none" but I use the Mushroom a lot). The heroes collision won't matter when it comes to pathing maps.
A flying hero with no extra flying height will be able to walk through trees nomatter what pathing map they are using.

Well. I have a lot of peculiar heros in my map. I was hoping I wouldn't need to morph the unit into a flying version of himself, but that's probably what I'll have to do.

I can't use a doodad. It MUST be a unit that can be attacked while walking through trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.