• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adjusting size of buildings and being able to walk through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, my custom buildings have a problem, in fact any building where the model is enlarged or shrunk. Some parts of them can be walked through, while there are empty spaces around then (particularly for odd shaped buildings) that makes units unable to walk through open air. Pressing P shows the red box where units can't walk through, was wondering if theres any way to modify that box? How to enlarge and shrink that box? Believe its called pathing texture. Is there any other way to prevent this problem other than choosing a new pathing texture? There are not many avaliable and its hard to get a good fit for every building.

Also, how do I reduce the unwalkable area (the red-purple part when you press P) of trees?

Apparently adjusting collision size does nothing, don't even know what its used for now.

Need help, thanks

Level 9
Adjust the collision sizes of your buildings to better suit their new scales in the object editor, it determines how much area the building or units takes up, something with 32.00 collision size takes up 32x32 units of space on the field.

Level 9
Great Scott!! You're right, what the hell happened to the collision sizes in warcraft, the value only seems to affect at what distance the unit can attack or cast spells on another units from, not when they collide with each other, I must look into this more.

Level 2
Try to make a new Pathing Texture!
There is a very nice tutorial about pathing.

EDIT: It seems to not be mentoined in the tutorial - one pixel equals 32 range units in Warcraft (one square of the small grid)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.