• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adjusting Map Size and Camera Bounds Causing Map to Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When I adjust the map size and/or camera bounds, while testing the map in-game, it causes WC3 to crash after about 45 seconds of the game starting. Does anyone know why this would happen, and is there any way to change the map size/camera bounds without it happening? Thanks!

Level 17
It shouldn't. I have modified the camerabounds/map size of a lot of maps and they are working just fine. However, I'm not sure if you left units (not doodads, but units) it won't crash, but I still don't think that's the problem.
Are you sure you modified the map size to a multiple of 32?

Level 4
It doesn't let you press OK if the map dimensions are no a multiple of 32.

Level 4
It may be an error within the files and data. Reinstalling may fix this.

I had one of my friends try to adjust the map bounds and map size for me, but it also caused crashes for him :(

EDIT: We figured out that one of my triggers is causing the crashing. When we delete this particular trigger, it no longer crashes. So now we gotta figure out what it is in this trigger that is problematic. This particular trigger is suppose to randomly create wood bundles within your area at a random point in your area.

Last edited:
Level 12
I had one of my friends try to adjust the map bounds and map size for me, but it also caused crashes for him :(

EDIT: We figured out that one of my triggers is causing the crashing. When we delete this particular trigger, it no longer crashes. So now we gotta figure out what it is in this trigger that is problematic. This particular trigger is suppose to randomly create wood bundles within your area at a random point in your area.

Randomly create wood bundles within a random point in your area.

Why is it that every trigger with problems is riddled with random points in random areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.