• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] How to?... Spell is not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
(solved) How to?... Spell is not working!

Greetings.
I am working hard this last month on a (still-alpha-so-still-unrevealed) map project and I have found an issue that I could not fix after several days searching the web for tutorials and possible solutions.

Maybe is not as hard to fix as I think, but I am no expert (which does not mean I am not experienced) at WordEditor.

First, there is the spell description:
  • Select an ally (not-own) target. [Hero] Starts channeling for 3 seconds.
  • If [Hero] fullfill the channeling time without stops or being stopped (by for example a stun), targeted unit by the spell gets the effects (in this case, removing negative buffs plus a heal)
  • Either success or failed, the spell must be in cooldown and mana cost been spent

Some of my unsuccessfull tries:
  • Using Blood Elf Mage's Mana Shyphon as base spell: for any reason, it ignores the allowed targets' field and dont let me select valid targets
  • Using Dragonhawk Rider's Aerial Shackles as base spell: no matter what I modify, targeted unit becomes disabled for the channel time duration
  • Using Spell Time as any base spell to imitate channeling time: If cancelled by will or by force (ex: being silenced), either CD and MPCost are not spent

I dont only accept copypaste triggers, but also any ideas that could put me in the right way to code by myself is appreciated.
And finally, I do want only Spells built with GUI, because I do not known how to use custom libraries and those (for-now-enough-advanced-for-me) things

Thank you for your time,
-- Matchet
PS: I am from Spain, so I am sorry if there are grammatical errors. My English isn't perfect

Last edited:
Level 16
Some Blizzard abilities are hardcoded and do not allow modification. Even if you do so, they stay mostly the same, as evidenced by your previous attempts.

You can use the Channel. For the triggering itself, when the effect is started, you enable a periodic trigger that checks if the unit is still channeling or not. If yes, increase a time counter variable, else end the spell. Once the time counter >= 3.00, you activate the effects for the ability.

I am sorry for not being able to provide any triggers except for a simple outline, mainly because I am lazy =P

Level 2
Thanks both!, The Prodigy and Doomlord. I did not know the existence of that "Channel" spell. I'll start working on your method now. Also, doublethanks for that superquickly responses <3

Status
Not open for further replies.