1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Spell] How to?... Spell is not working!

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by matchet, Aug 22, 2013.

1. matchet

matchet

Resources:
    Resources:
    (solved) How to?... Spell is not working!

Greetings.
    I am working hard this last month on a (still-alpha-so-still-unrevealed) map project and I have found an issue that I could not fix after several days searching the web for tutorials and possible solutions.

Maybe is not as hard to fix as I think, but I am no expert (which does not mean I am not experienced) at WordEditor.

First, there is the spell description:
    • Select an ally (not-own) target. [Hero] Starts channeling for 3 seconds.
    • If [Hero] fullfill the channeling time without stops or being stopped (by for example a stun), targeted unit by the spell gets the effects (in this case, removing negative buffs plus a heal)
    • Either success or failed, the spell must be in cooldown and mana cost been spent

Some of my unsuccessfull tries:
    • Using Blood Elf Mage's Mana Shyphon as base spell: for any reason, it ignores the allowed targets' field and dont let me select valid targets
    • Using Dragonhawk Rider's Aerial Shackles as base spell: no matter what I modify, targeted unit becomes disabled for the channel time duration
    • Using Spell Time as any base spell to imitate channeling time: If cancelled by will or by force (ex: being silenced), either CD and MPCost are not spent

I dont only accept copypaste triggers, but also any ideas that could put me in the right way to code by myself is appreciated.
    And finally, I do want only Spells built with GUI, because I do not known how to use custom libraries and those (for-now-enough-advanced-for-me) things

Thank you for your time,
    -- Matchet
    PS: I am from Spain, so I am sorry if there are grammatical errors. My English isn't perfect

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  2. Doomlord

Doomlord

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Some Blizzard abilities are hardcoded and do not allow modification. Even if you do so, they stay mostly the same, as evidenced by your previous attempts.

You can use the Channel. For the triggering itself, when the effect is started, you enable a periodic trigger that checks if the unit is still channeling or not. If yes, increase a time counter variable, else end the spell. Once the time counter >= 3.00, you activate the effects for the ability.

I am sorry for not being able to provide any triggers except for a simple outline, mainly because I am lazy =P

3. Dawn

Dawn

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Use the Channel spell found in the object editor instead, the a trigger, use this event to detect when the channeling has ended so that you can apply the buffs.
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

EDIT: The above poster was quicker than me.

4. matchet

matchet

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks both!, The Prodigy and Doomlord. I did not know the existence of that "Channel" spell. I'll start working on your method now. Also, doublethanks for that superquickly responses <3