• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to rip Wow models from WMV to WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help with importing models from Wow to WC3

Hi! I want to know how to import models from WowModelViewer to Warcraft 3 editor (game).
I want to make world of warcraft in warcraft 3 with my cousin's help.
I've tried so much programs and I just can't make it work.
I know that I need:
- MyWarcraftStudio
- WowModelViewer
- Mdlvis
- War3MapEditor
- Warcraft 3 model viewer
for making these mdx and blp files.
I would really appreciate if someone would actually help me. I really want to do it. :ogre_haosis:

Level 29
The short answer is you don't.

WoW models were not meant for WC3, and they have way too many and too long animations, too "high resolution" (by 2002 standards...) textures, too many polygons, etc.
If you want your map to work properly, you will need to edit the models quite a bit.

If you really want to mess around with this, BlinkBoy was working on an MD2 importer for 3ds Max which worked with NeoDex, as far as I remember, so you should probably find it in this forum and see if anything ever came out of it.

Note that there are all sorts of WoW models in WC3 format floating around the internet, some of them edited, some not.

Level 2
Models

There are tutorials on other sites for that.
I doubt you'll find the help here since the hive technically doesn't support wow models directly on the site.
Well I can't do that by watching the tutorial on web site. I just can't. I want someone to help me on skype or facebook, to explain me exactly.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Correction. We do permit exporting of Wow models and submitting them to Hive as long as they are properly adapted to Wc3 (polygons, animations, attachments) and proper credit is given to Blizzard. We have no tutorials about this at this point, but that is because of lack rather than principal.

KarloBro, I have merged your double threads. Please don't post multiple threads about the same thing.

Does it only apply to Blizzard games?

Yes. Blizzard apparently have no problem with wc3 modders using their stuff in wc3 since they own it. But other companies might have huge problems with it. Since you know, you're technically stealing their hard work and putting it in another company's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.